4

Marcelene pov…

I was eating fruit while scrolling through TikTok.

My whole for you page is full of just London guys talking about me. They’re saying I’m leng. They want to be my husband, tagging me in their videos. I’m very flattered, to be honest, but none of them are ever making it close to me.

Most of them are dreadheads. Deadheads are people you have to be very careful of.

I don’t know if I have a type in guys, to be honest. Someone who plays football as well, the same humour, and the same mindset. Oh, and someone who doesn’t cheat. Heavy on that one. I can't go through that same shit again.

Embarrassing.

“It’s here!” Just when I had peace. Medora grabbed some scissors and started opening her Amazon box next to me. I looked back at my phone while eating my fruit. “Yes, yes. Let’s start now.” I look at her, and she looks excited.

I sigh, “Fine let’s go.” I close my container and stand up. “Have you asked for permission?” I asked, her smile flattened. “Mum and Dad won’t allow me to dye my hair at all. Why can’t we just do it and then surprise them?”

If I get into trouble for this, I swear I will slap her.

“Whatever,” I put my fruit in the fridge and grabbed my phone, following her out of the kitchen. We both jog up the stairs and into her bedroom. When was the last time I was in here? “Do I have to wash my hair?” She asks, and I shake my head no.

“It’s better if you don’t so the oils can protect your scalp from any possible burns or irritation.” She nods as we enter her bathroom. “Medora, why is it so messy?” I ask, looking around. Her countertop is a fucking mess. Clothes on the floor too.

“I’ll clean it when we’re done. The new hair will motivate me.”

Hmm, she kind of has a point.

She sat down in front of her mirror and I put a towel around her so it doesn’t get on her clothes. I take a tail comb and hair clip from her counter and start sectioning so it’s easy to dye.

“You made it, you know that, right?” I look at her through the mirror. “You probably get more money than Odeliah now from the company.” I shrug, not caring. “How much do footballers usually make anyway?” she asks.

“Over six million.” her eyes widened then she laughed. “Is that how much you earning?” she asks and I shake my head. “No, that’s how much Premier League footballers earn.” she nods.

“So how much do you get?”

“In Korea, I get about £5-£6,000. Now, I’ll be earning £10,000 or more.” She nods impressed. “That’s good, well done.” I thank her. After opening the dye, adding the oil and stuff I start applying it to her hair.

“Did you ever miss here?” I look at her.

“Nope,”

“Really?” I hum, nodding. “I had a job and career in Korea. I had real friends, Grandma and Grandpa. Life was good in Korea.” I move on to the next section. “So, you didn’t want to come back?” I shook my head no. “The UK is gloomy and depressing, why would I want to come back?”

“Wasn’t life good here?” I look at her annoyed.

“What?” I just sigh, not bothering to answer the question. She’s acting dumb.

I continue dyeing the rest of her hair. I finished, “Okay, we’re done. Put a thirty-five-minute timer on your phone. After that, I'll rinse it out and blow dry it." She smiles at me through the mirror. “Thank you.” I nod at her, taking off the gloves.