Time Travel

Time Travel

Time travel, a thing we've seen in a lot of movies, romance novels and even in the ever famous cartoon, Doraemon.
But is it actually possible? In the future do you really think we will be able to go back in the past or go into our future like they show in the fictional world?

Many of you might know, the famous physicist, Stephen Hawking who is also the author of a book called "Black Holes and Baby Universes". That book is a masterpiece but only for those who actually are interested in the science of our universe. He in his book states that, "The best evidence we have that time travel is not possible, and never will be, is that we have not been invaded by hordes of tourists from the future."

Well he might be partially right. You may ask why? Well because human beings are nosy people, we have emotions, we have regrets and we have curiosity. If we really have a time machine in the future, we can't stop hopping into the time machine and go back in time to remove our regrets and go to the future to know what's going to happen next.

Although many people are fascinated by the idea of changing the past or seeing the future before it's due, no person has ever demonstrated the kind of back-and-forth time travel seen in science fiction or proposed a method of sending a person through significant periods of time that wouldn't destroy them on the way.  As I earlier stated that this kind of time travel is only possible in books, movies, shows or cartoons.

But, a different kind of time travel, which science has proved is possible. We all know Albert Einstein, a physicist, one of the most influential and greatest scientists, who came up with the theory of relativity, an idea about how time works. You may or may not know it and so here I explain, this theory says that an observer traveling near the speed of light will experience time, with all its aftereffects like boredom, aging, etc. much more slowly than an observer at rest. You all might be confused, I'm sure about it.

So to clear up the confusion and prove his point, I'd like to tell you about two examples. The first example is about an astronaut, Scott Kelly, who aged ever so slightly less over the course of a year in orbit, than his twin brother who stayed here on Earth.  The second example is telescopes. Telescope, a device that helps us see stars and galaxies that are very far away. It takes a long time for the light from faraway galaxies to reach us. So, when we look into the sky with a telescope, we are seeing what those stars and galaxies looked like a very long time ago. 

Yes, time travel is possible but just not the kind which allows us to travel in the future or past. You may only hope to be able to have that kind of time travel because we never know what can happen in the future, but I will stick to my point that it is in fact not possible to go back in time or to know our future.

This is my eighth write-up here and my second essay

This is my eighth write-up here and my second essay. Time travel as a topic always intrigued me, so I did a bit of research and came up with this. I hope I was able to clarify my point to you guys as well.

With love ❤
Signing off
Vee

Heart to HeartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara