Modern teenagers and Survival skills

Modern times and Survival skills

I'm a science student, a biology student to be specific so let me start off with a very famous personality in the field of biology, Charles Darwin. He said and I quote, "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to the change."

Now you all might think, how is this related to the topic I mentioned in the title? So, let me tell you, that this quote is in fact very relevant for a topic as, "A lack of survival skills in modern teenagers" Since, we're talking about survival skills, we also need to talk about survival, in a jungle only the fittest survives and the fittest one uses the skills he/she has for his/her survival.

We need not be the most intelligent person, we need not be the strongest one, we just need to be someone who can adapt to changes well.  But, we the modern generation is so dependent on technology. We have exposure to literally anything and everything on the web that we've gotten into the habit of spoon feeding. There's illicit content on the web for 18+ adults, but most if the viewers are teenagers faking their ages. Teenage or adolescence is a curious phase. We want to learn and know about anything and everything possible.

We hate being in the control of someone. Since we know it's there, we will search for it ourselves. Earlier there was no technology hence children had to learn everything by themselves or ask their mentors, teachers, parents and grandparents. In this modern generation, most people have come out to live as nuclear families where both the parents are working and the child is left alone with a nanny whereas in older generations the children used to live with a huge family, if not for parents they'd be given some work by others and taught them to experience life.

Today, we the children are pampered so much by our parents. Many of them don't let their precious children do any work or their child might melt down, they think, whereas, back in time the children were asked to learn various works and help their elders. They say If you wish to touch the sky you need to strengthen your roots. But, today's generation just have dreams , their mental power to face the challenges are decreasing day by day.

Suicide rates have increased as the children are not able to survive even in a little bit of problem. Alexander Alvarez said that Struggles are required in order to survive in life because in order to stand up, you got to know what falling down is like. But as, the children are so affected by the struggles, we are not able to face the mental pressure because our buildup isn't strong. We have very strong emotions in us, waiting for us to let them venture out but we're scared as well.

Our parents pamper us a lot, not letting us for any work but then they are the same ones who come to us saying, "You don't even have any work to do, you only need to study and be better than Mr.XYZ's son or daughter." They take away the physical stress but put the mental pressure on our little minds. It's true we need to learn survival skills, but it's also true that parents need to stop over pampering us in places where it's not needed, instead ask us what issues we face and pamper our mental health.

Both are at fault, we need to accept our faults and move on. But it can only be possible if both the parents and the children are willing to accept their mistake and work it out.

That is it for my seventh write-up and first ever essay here

I tried to put forward my point. I don't know how many are going to agree with me on it and how many are going to disagree. But, that is how I feel and I know there might be some people in the universe who think the same as me.

Also, this was a speech topic for my English board practicals in 12th standard and I now publish it here with a little bit of modification. (P.S.- I scored 20/20 ik the practicals)

With love ❤
Signing off
Vee