Pehli rasoi

MEERA'S POV...

He looked at me with a teasing look then looked at aunt and said ~

" मासी मां, महलों में पली बढ़ी है ये चूल्हा चौका क्या ही आता होगा।"

[ "Aunty , she was brought up in palaces, how would she know how to  cook?]

" Maasi Maa, I am going to prepare for the ritual." I ignored Rana Sa's words because I believe in showing taxes, not speaking.

He looked at me in disbelief while aunt gave me a nod.

After this I went to my room. Suddenly someone pulled me forcefully.

Who else could it be except Rana sa.

He pushed me against the nearest wall and stood very close to me. So close that I could hear his heart beats. With one hand he held both my hands above my head and with the other hand he held my cheek and forced me to look at him.

"Hukum" I said stammering.

"Aren't you scared of me?" he asked me in a dangerous voice.

"I am not scared of anyone's father." I said firmly. .

"But be scared of me , After today if you ignore my words in front of someone else then you will see such a side of mine which you cannot even imagin and it is gonna haunt you for the rest of your life. Whatever happens inside this room will remain only in this room, outside you will pretend to be a good wife and I will pretend to be a good husband. Do you understand?"

I nodded yes.

When his grip loosened a little I ran away from his clutches and then bumped into some maid who showed me the way to kitchen.

Finally, I got saved from that grumpy man but now I am not able to understand what to make. If I don't make something good, he will think that I am privileged and spoiled . Time is also passing, so think of making something quickly Meera.

Idea, why not make kheer quickly.

I quickly put the milk pot on the stove and started looking for rice. As soon as the milk started boiling, I put the rice to cook and started cutting the dry fruits. Then cooked till the sugar dissolved and finally while leaving, I added dry fruits and took it to the dining table for everyone.

Everyone was eating the food with great enjoyment. The only thing missing was some sweets which was now fulfilled. On getting the signal from aunt, I served everyone and when I bent to serve Hukum, he said in my ear ~

"ज़हर तो नही मिला दिया कहीं।"

["Have you mixed any poison in it?" ]

I also said in a low voice ~

"चिंता मत करिए आप जहर से भी ज्यादा जहरीले है।"

["Don't worry you are more poisonous than poison."]

To which he chuckled.

Before he could say anything else, his aunt spoke, " Child, Mother Annapurna herself resides in your hands. I have never eaten a better kheer than this in my life. Come here, you deserve a reward."

She took out a necklace from her neck and gave it to me as reward.

Just then Yuvi Banna sitting beside her said~ Bhabhi saa, you have really made it so well that I feel like kissing your hands.