DEPARTURE

MEERA'S POV...

" Stop crying and whining. I married you only for my revenge. Neither do I care about you nor this injury of yours, understand! And now I should not hear the sound of sobs, I have to wake up early in the morning, let me sleep."

These words were echoing in my ears till I fell asleep.

The pain was not in my feet but in my heart.

A small ray of hope had appeared to meet my family, but that too seemed to be fading away now.

I wiped my tears and tried to sleep. Finally, I fell asleep.

In the morning, the maids woke me up early on the orders of Maasi maa (aunt).

When I looked at my feet, they were completely swollen and looked no less than elephant's feet.

I tried to stand up but suddenly fell back on the bed, which slightly disturbed Hukum's sleep and he hid his face with my dupatta which was lying on the bed and turned his back towards me then again drifted into deep sleep.

With the help of the maids, I went to the bathroom and as soon as the cold water touched my feet, I sighed in pain. Somehow, I came back to the room after bathing and saw Hukum sitting on the bed while reading something. Suddenly, his eyes went to me and the maids supporting me on both sides.

ABHIMANYU'S POV...

The light rays of the sun which were piercing the curtains and coming on my face along with her sweet intoxicating smell woke me up.

I found that I was sleeping with her dupatta on my face. I looked at the other side of the bed and there was nothing except the folds of the bed.

The dupatta is with me then where is it's owner.

Just then I heard some sounds coming from the bathroom.

Oh so my queen is taking a bath .

My queen?

Abhimanyu, if you have forgotten then I remind you that last night you had told her that this marriage is just a pretense, a means of your revenge and she is just a pawn in this game. What has happened to you?

My conscience interrupted.

What could I have done, it must have come out of my mouth by mistake.

I tried to reassure myself.

I went to the other bathroom and took a bath and then after getting ready, I started inspecting some important documents in the room.

Due to Dadisa's arrival and the custom of 'Mooh Dikhai', there will be no court session today.

My entire attention was lost in the coordination between the state's expenses and taxes.

Then the bathroom door opened, I raised my eyes and saw Meera in front of me, she was looking extremely beautiful, only one thing was missing and that was her smile. I saw that there were maids on both sides of her and they were supporting Meera. Then I looked at Meera's feet which were badly red and swollen.

Ohh by that hot water.

This looks very painful.

Due to lack of timely treatment the wound has deepened and this is completely my fault. Ever since maasi maa has talked about her going to Marwar I have been holding my breath. I don't want her to go out of my sight even for a moment but due to all this irritation and frustration I vented out all my anger on her last night.

Because of her innocent child-like face the promise I made to myself seems to be vanishing from many eyes.

The dream which I had seen not only with closed eyes but also with open eyes.