──── starclan ranks

━━ LEADERS ──── the leaders of starclan are those who were leaders in life

━━ LEADERS ──── the leaders of starclan are those who were leaders in life.   blessed and accepted by starclan, given nine lives and the suffix of —star.   these cats have lived nine times, and once their final life has slipped away, they are accepted among their ancestors as leaders.   these cats regulate starclan.

━━ DEPUTIES ──── cats of the clans who were made deputy in the sight of starclan, and then died in that position before they could step down or ascend to leadership positions.   these cats tend to advise their starclan leaders.

━━ MEDICINE CATS ──── highly respected as their connection was strong before even death, medicine cats are usually the cats who receive prophecies as well as deliver them to the living.   some may argue that they are more highly valued than leaders, but it doesn't make a difference, as the idea is that all are equal in starclan.

━━ EXECUTIONERS ──── any cat who dies and joins starclan is free to join the executioner ranks, a highly respected position meant for cats who were warriors in life.   these cats help regulate the number of dark forest cats by entering the place of no stars and slaughtering as many as possible once a moon.   this is known as the extermination.

━━ WARRIORS ──── the general population of starclan, cats who died in battle or of sickness who were warriors in life.   many of these cats died as elders and returned as young cats to feel free again, and these cats are often found mingling together.

━━ APPRENTICES ──── cats who died and joined starclan before their warrior training was complete.   any cat between six and twelve moons is considered a starclan apprentice, even if they were granted a warrior name before death.   they have no mentors here, but often will stick close to warriors who act as parental or mentor figures.

━━ QUEENS ──── warriors who were expecting or nursing kits at the time of death are considered starclan queens.   these cats chose to remain as queens and care for starclan kits whose parents have not yet joined them, and are often very sweet and kind.   if a queen died while pregnant, she will be inseparable from her kits.

━━ BORNE KITS ──── any kit who died after birth.   this includes kits who died while taking their first breath, or kits who were tragically killed before they became apprentices.

━━ UNBORN KITS ──── any kit who died before birth.   this includes kits who were miscarried, stillborn, or whose mother died before they were born.   most of these kits will have names given to them by starclan.

━━ ELDERS ──── those few elderly cats who chose to remain as such in starclan, because that was the time they were happiest.   elders are the cats who keep traditions alive, and often oversee the ceremonies of nine lives for new leaders.

   elders are the cats who keep traditions alive, and often oversee the ceremonies of nine lives for new leaders