archhawk ... dark forest queen

━━ 𝘾𝙐𝙍𝙍𝙀𝙉𝙏 𝙉𝘼𝙈𝙀 ──── archhawk,,
━━ 𝙋𝘼𝙎𝙏 𝙉𝘼𝙈𝙀𝙎 ──── arch,, archpaw,,

━━ 𝙋𝙍𝙀𝙁𝙄𝙓 𝙈𝙀𝘼𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂 ──── arch,, this was the name her mother gave her, and there is no reason as to why,,
━━ 𝙎𝙐𝙁𝙁𝙄𝙓 𝙈𝙀𝘼𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂 ──── hawk,, her sharp eyesight,,

━━ 𝘼𝙂𝙀 𝘼𝙏 𝘿𝙀𝘼𝙏𝙃 ──── seventy-four moons,,
━━ 𝘾𝙐𝙍𝙍𝙀𝙉𝙏 𝘼𝙂𝙀 ──── four hundred eighty-three moons,,

━━ 𝘽𝙄𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙄𝘾𝘼𝙇 𝙂𝙀𝙉𝘿𝙀𝙍 ──── female,,
━━ 𝙂𝙀𝙉𝘿𝙀𝙍 𝙄𝘿𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙄𝙏𝙔 ──── female,,
━━ 𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙉𝙊𝙐𝙉𝙎 ──── she,, her,,

━━ 𝙎𝙀𝙓𝙐𝘼𝙇𝙄𝙏𝙔 ──── biromantic bisexual,,

━━ 𝘾𝙇𝘼𝙉(𝙎) 𝙄𝙉 𝙇𝙄𝙁𝙀 ──── rogue,, thunderclan,, shadowclan,,
━━ 𝘾𝙐𝙍𝙍𝙀𝙉𝙏 𝙍𝙀𝙎𝙄𝘿𝙀𝙉𝘾𝙀 ──── the dark forest,,

━━ 𝙍𝘼𝙉𝙆 𝘼𝙏 𝘿𝙀𝘼𝙏𝙃 ──── deputy,,
━━ 𝘾𝙐𝙍𝙍𝙀𝙉𝙏 𝙍𝘼𝙉𝙆 ──── leader,, queen,,

━━ 𝙁𝙐𝙇𝙇 𝘼𝙋𝙋𝙀𝘼𝙍𝘼𝙉𝘾𝙀 ──── archhawk is a large, long-furred, thick-furred brown tabby she-cat with a white chest and paws, as well as on her chin; she has blue eyes,,
━━ 𝘼𝙇𝙇𝙀𝙂𝙄𝘼𝙉𝘾𝙀 𝘼𝙋𝙋𝙀𝘼𝙍𝘼𝙉𝘾𝙀 ──── large, long-furred brown-and-white queen with blue eyes,,

━━ 𝙋𝙀𝙍𝙎𝙊𝙉𝘼𝙇𝙄𝙏𝙔 ──── archhawk has always been a distant cat, emotionally damaged from a young age.   she's had a hard life, and even in death, she can't seem to catch a break.   she has the heart of a warrior, but that is overshadowed by the mistakes she made while grieving, though she makes a point to mention that she does not regret the choices that landed her here, exiled to the shadows for eternity,,

━━ 𝙋𝘼𝙍𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙎 ──── shadow fox, mother,, king, father,,

━━ 𝙇𝙄𝙏𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙈𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙎 ──── jaggedstalk, sister,,
━━ 𝙎𝙄𝘽𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂𝙎 ──── not applicable,,

━━ 𝙈𝘼𝙏𝙀(𝙎) ──── finchtuft,, burpy,, plummetslash,,
━━ 𝙆𝙄𝙏𝙎 ──── jaggedkit,, cinderkit,, thistlepaw,,

━━ 𝘽𝘼𝘾𝙆𝙎𝙏𝙊𝙍𝙔 ──── arch and jag were born to a pair of loners who made their home on the border between windclan and thunderclan.   they lived a content life together, the littermates being quite close to one another and their parents.
     arch adored her father, and looked up to him. while the entire family was close, king and arch had a stronger bond than most.
     the family lived peacefully for four moons on the border between windclan and thunderclan, before a single battle would rip the entire family in two.
     windclan and thunderclan met on the border to battle, and while shadow fox and king attempted to get their kits away from the bloody fight, a thunderclan cat mistook shadow fox for another windclan cat and attacked, slashing her throat by mistake.   arch and jag watched as their mother died, and king had no choice but to drag the sisters away from the body before the rest of them were killed for being there.
     after the battle, they did not return to the den. king let the kits sleep in a hollow tree on thunderclan territory before waking them up the following day.
     king could not take care of the two kits all alone , and so when he woke them up, he took them through the forest and stopped near a steep cliff.   he told them to stay there, and promised to come back soon, before he turned away and vanished into the woods.
     arch and jag waited there the entire day, but king never came back for them.   come nightfall, a small group of cats emerged from the entrance to the steep cliff and found them.   concerned, they brought the young kits into their camp, where they were watched by a young queen who had two sons, bonekit and lionkit.   arch and jag remained secluded, not speaking to any of the unfamiliar cats around them.   arch herself was rather aggressive with others and would lash out if pestered too much.
     they remained in this camp for a little over a half moon, before the clan leader decided to bring them to the gathering and see if they came from another clan, as the two refused to say anything about their background.   come that night, at the end of the gathering, the leaders all came together to look at the kits, but none claimed them.   smallstar, leader of thunderclan, offered any of the clans one moon with no battles if they could take the kits, as none of her queens were capable of handling two more.   eventually, the shadowclan medicine cat came forward and asked the name of their mother, before saying that since the kits were borne of shadow, they had to return to shadow. shadowclan took the sisters that night.   arch and jag spent the rest of their kithood in the camp before they were given mentors and named archpaw and jaggedpaw.
     archpaw was apprenticed to an elderly she-cat named frostflower, and they did not get along.   at all.   frostflower was cruel with her words and tormented the young loner from the very moment they were assigned together.   she trained her apprentice to the bare minimum and oftentimes left her to do the dirty work of the clan, even making excuses as to why she did not want to teach archpaw to hunt or fight.
     it didn't help that mostly everyone else treated her like an outsider as well.   the other apprentices whispered behind her back when they thought she wasn't listening, and refused to let her eat with them.   archpaw and jaggedpaw spent a great deal of time isolated from the cats they were supposed to be loyal to, and archpaw became used to the treatment.
     which was why it was so surprising when an older apprentice by the name of finchpaw started to take an interest in her.   at first, of course, she was wary of him.   he was too nice . . . too friendly with her. but after some time, she allowed herself to let him in, and they drew closer over the course of their apprenticeship.
     archpaw had been training for four moons when finchpaw became a warrior, finchtuft. to everyone's surprise, the first cat he met up with was archpaw, his eyes glowing with pride.   he told her they would hunt together the first morning after her own ceremony, and she was hesitant to say she was excited for that.   it was clear she had feelings for the tom, but she had difficulties expressing those emotions.   it was why she was so often misunderstood.   yet, it seemed that finchtuft liked that about her, because he didn't leave her.
     as time continued to move steadily onward, archpaw realized that frostflower's lack of training had pushed her far behind.   her final assessment was in two moons and she only knew the very basics of battle, and had difficulty hunting due to her mentor's indifference.   she did not want to be left behind while jaggedpaw became a warrior without her, so she asked for help.   jaggedpaw was delighted to teach her littermate, and even finchtuft pitched in.   they helped archpaw to catch up, and just in time.
     her final assessment had arrived.   frostflower was sure she would fail and even openly admitted it to both the clan leader and to the other apprentices.   dogstar, the leader at the time, decided he wanted to watch the assessment.   perhaps he suspected frostflower would not be completely honest, so he did not tell her he was going to observe the apprentices.
    sure enough, frostflower was so stunned that archpaw managed to catch four pieces of prey that she knocked the kills into the pond and called archpaw a failure.   how would the clan react when she came back with nothing?   frostflower's verbal attack turned physical when she lashed out, taking off archpaw's left ear before sneering that the lousy rogue couldn't even defend herself.
     luckily, dogstar saw the entire encounter and ordered frostflower to stop.   when he revealed that he had seen everything, the elderly warrior left them and went back to camp.
     though bloody, exhausted, and in pain, archpaw was rewarded that night with her warrior name.   she was given the title of archhawk alongside her sister, jaggedstalk.
     dogstar exposed frostflower's betrayal to the clan after the ceremony, but rather than condemn her to exile, he simply ordered the elderly warrior to retire to the elders den.
     archhawk was proud to have finally earned her warrior name.   as promised, finchtuft took her out into the territory the following morning, and they hunted for the clan together.   archhawk thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and finchtuft offered to take her out again someday.
     she became lost in the life of a warrior.   her duties were different now — she could lead patrols to hunt, she could watch battle training, patrol the borders, even participate in battles without any restrictions.   her life was easier without frostflower watching her every move, and it was clear after six more moons that she was finally starting to settle in shadowclan.
     time passed without much event.   archhawk grew in strength, and was even gifted an apprentice at the same time as finchtuft.
     snowpaw and archhawk bonded immediately.   she loved her young apprentice despite never receiving that kind of love from her own mentor.   she trained him as best as she could, and soon he learned to hunt and fight.
     tragically, snowpaw never saw his warrior name. it turns out that frostflower was not finished with bullying her apprentice.   she took snowpaw out of camp and led him to the thunderpath.   when archhawk arrived, having followed the scent, she was too late.   snowpaw was already dead.
     frostflower had no problem admitting she led the apprentice out of camp, but she said she wanted him to catch her some prey because she was having trouble.   dogstar dismissed the case as a tragic accident before he allowed snowpaw to rest in peace.
    later, frostflower admitted to archhawk's face that she had, indeed, intended for snowpaw to die on the thunderpath.
     archhawk lost herself after snowpaw passed away.   she wouldn't speak to anyone, not even to finchtuft or her own sister, not even to her own friends.   the grief she felt for the apprentice she lost was too great in her heart.   and it showed when dogstar, sick and delirious, assigned another apprentice to her named morningpaw.
     though archhawk tried her best to train morningpaw, she could never look at the young she-cat without thinking of snowpaw.   this ended up costing morningpaw her life when she went out to hunt on her own, determined to make archhawk proud of her.   morningpaw was attacked by a badger and torn apart.   her body was not recovered until the following morning.
     no one said it, but most of the clan blamed archhawk for morningpaw's death.   this one had nothing to do with frostflower.   it was simply negligence on the fluffy warrior's part, which is why it cut so deeply.
     dogstar died two moons later, and his daughter, honeystar, rose up in his place.   she asked finchtuft to be her deputy, and he, surprised, agreed.
     finchtuft never blamed archhawk for morningpaw or snowpaw's deaths, and it was his quiet encouragement that caused her to regain confidence in herself.   she never did take on another apprentice, but she did train others when they needed it, and gradually won back the respect of her clanmates.
     it was sometime in the next year or so that frostflower passed away from a bout of greencough that stripped away all ounce of life from her grizzled body.   her final words were a curse, both to starclan and to the two loner littermates who had caused her such anger toward the end of her life.   it is unknown if she ever went to starclan.
     not long after this, a devastating accident killed honeystar, stripping the nine lives from her one after the other until she lay dead.   this paved the way for finchstar to rise up in her place, and archhawk could not have been more excited for him.
     but this is where her destiny took a turn.   finchstar changed after he received his nine lives, becoming cold and nasty.   not toward his clan, but to archhawk in general.   this hurt her deeply, his words cutting into her heart like claws.   he even went on to admit, in front of the entire clan, that he did not love her, he did not care about her, that the apprentices were dead because of her, and that she was nothing more than a rogue that dogstar took pity on.   archhawk, wounded by the words he spoke to her and humiliated before the eyes of all, bolted, unable to stand the eyes on her.   she ran for a long time, ending up near the border with twolegplace when a savage dog lunged from out of nowhere and attacked.   dazed from her run and breathless as well, archhawk was nearly killed, but she was slammed against the ground and fell unconscious before the final blow.   she woke up some time later and found herself in the care of a ginger patched tom who introduced himself as burpy.   it turns out, this tom was a kittypet who had seen the dog attack and chased it away.   he had then called his twolegs to help her and they had brought her to his den so she could be safe.
     archhawk thanked him for his help, but then stated that she was no house cat and that she needed to leave.   burpy did not protest to that and helped her to the cat door, where he allowed her access to the garden.
     archhawk climbed onto the fence, but had to ask burpy why he helped her.   he admitted that he may look huge and scary, but he hated when other cats were hurt.   then he wished her well, told her to come by every so often to say hello, before he turned and went back inside.
     archhawk returned to her camp, covered in scars and heavily limping, but alive.   it had been about a quarter moon since she left camp, so her clanmates were both surprised and relieved to see her alive.   she was welcomed back by all, save for finchstar, who would refuse to look at her even at all.
     some two years later, jaggedstalk announced that she was expecting kits.   the father was a thunderclan cat named lionfeather, the same thunderclan cat who had been the son of the cat who watched them during their stay, but she admitted that the kits would be raised in shadowclan because thunderclan refused them, yet would not allow lionfeather to join shadowclan.
     most of the clan readily accepted the young queen, but a few cats were not too pleased.   nonetheless, archhawk took care of her sister in the moons to follow, and was delighted when she at last became an aunt to mantiskit, mudkit, and, to her surprise, morningkit .
     she loved these kits so very much, but could not save them or her sister from the fate that lay before them.   just two nights after the kits were born, jaggedstalk was poisoned and she died right in the middle of camp.   archhawk could not stop the clan deputy from entering the nursery and slaughtering all three of the newborn kits, before he dragged their bodies out and claimed to finchstar that the vermin had been removed from the camp.
     archhawk could not believe how everything was falling apart.   her own heart shattered, but now the entire clan finally saw the corruption within their midst.   finchstar was not the same cat as he once was, and he had no problem with demonstrating this.
     archhawk once again lost herself in the duties she held as a warrior.   under finchstar, she saw more blood in a day than she had seen the night her mother was ripped open.   she had truly lost everything now.   her kin, her friends, and even her own mind was a foreign place.
     she became lost in her own world, and sought comfort from the companion she had come to know these last few moons.   while burpy was not a warrior, he had the heart of a lion and a soul as bright as the sun.   she was drawn to his gentle words and listening ears.   because she never felt awkward around him, she felt safe.   she knew she could be herself when around him.   perhaps it was because he had seen her at her weakest, but before she could figure out exactly what it was she was feeling, archhawk realized she was expecting kits.
     knowing how her clan would react if they knew the father of her kits was a kittypet, archhawk told no one but burpy.   he was overjoyed at the idea of being a father, and archhawk felt calm knowing she had a supporter in all of this.
     her plan was to have these kits and run away with them to twolegplace.   burpy would take her in, right?   that wasn't the case, because soon after, she received a shocking surprise when burpy walked into the camp and demanded to see his mate.
     finchstar attacked the stranger, but burpy was not a cat to mess with.   he easily beat finchstar and sent him rolling before he turned to archhawk and greeted her warmly.
     though the clan was corrupt and disorganized, burpy demanded to join so he could be a father to his kits.   with no other option, finchstar had no choice but to allow him in, and burpy was welcomed to shadowclan.
     but when the kits came, archhawk was very weak.   her kitting had been dangerous and nearly cost her life, but she and her three little ones pulled through.   she was a mother!   and they had their father.
    cinderkit, thistlekit and jaggedkit were growing quickly, learning about the world under the watchful eye of their parents.
     archhawk and her mate and their kits were finally united, but their joy could never last.   corrupted and jealous, finchstar had not finished with the cat he had once loved.   he murdered burpy in a staged attack, ripping archhawk of her mate and her kits of a father.
     he later suffocated cinderkit in the privacy of the nursery, right in front of archhawk while her daughters played outside.   he warned archhawk that if she said anything about what he had done, the others would soon follow, and before she could make a decision, he revealed that she had no choice, for her son was already dead.
     archhawk grieved for cinderkit, and began going on walks to help process her unfathomable emotions.   it was during one of these walks that she came across a rogue, one by the name of plummetslash.
     this rogue had once been a riverclan warrior, exiled moons ago, and archhawk caught her hunting on shadowclan land.   the two tussled for a moment, before plummetslash gained the upper hand and pinned the shadowclan warrior down beneath her.
     archhawk stared up at her, dazed from grief over the loss of her son, but the stranger merely grabbed her mouse and ran off, leaving her alone.
    not even a moon later, finchstar took jaggedkit from the nest, leaving camp.   archhawk chased after him, but could not save her daughter when her leader tossed the kit onto the thunderpath, watching her smash onto the ground and be crushed beneath the paws of a monster.
     while archhawk tried scraping her daughter off the thunderpath, she was met with plummetslash again.   no words were spoken, but the rogue merely helped the shattered warrior bury her kit.
     after the vigil, the two stayed and talked.   archhawk would go to meet plummetslash often after that, sneaking out to the barn where she resided to spend nights with her.   they had much in common, having both been wronged by their clans.   archhawk debated running away from shadowclan, and plummetslash even offered her a place in the barn with her, but archhawk would not abandon her only remaining kit to the mercy of finchstar.
     archhawk was appointed deputy after finchstar was told of an omen received by the medicine cat.   a hawk flying above an arch of trees was said to be the sign, and so the cruel leader allowed for her to step up as his second in command.
     but there was one final cat that finchstar targeted — her only surviving kit.
     thistlepaw was made an apprentice — the only one of her kits to become one, and to the horror of her mother, was apprenticed to finchstar himself.    but thistlepaw never saw the third day of her new name, for finchstar sent her out to battle with no training or preparation.   archhawk could do nothing but wait, and her nightmare came true when the apprentice was dragged back into camp, dead.
      archhawk snapped.   she knew her leader was behind this and she would take her revenge once and for all.
     she confronted finchstar and challenged his leadership, laying the blame on him for the deaths of everyone she loved.   they fought a bloody battle there in the camp and ended up killing one another, finchstar slashing her stomach open and archhawk, as she promised long ago, ripping his remaining lives from his throat with her teeth.
     as he lay there, dying beside his deputy, however, finchstar whispered a choked apology to archhawk, to which she snarled out with her last breath that she was not sorry.   she knew he deserved this for destroying her happiness.
     archhawk went to the dark forest for killing her leader.   she now lurks in the shadows, crazy and quiet, whispering in the ears of warriors.   her legend is told to those who come after her, however she has made her own name for herself, as she protects kits and apprentices who still live because they remind her of her own apprentices and her own kits.   for her actions, starclan have offered her a place among them, but she responds that the shadows are her home.
     archhawk eventually became co-leader of the dark forest, under her best friend, and announced that she would forever be a queen.   she began to adopt any kits who wandered from starclan and took care of them, and any apprentices who ended up in the dark forest were brought under her care.

━━ 𝙏𝙍𝙄𝙑𝙄𝘼 ──── to be revealed,,
━━ 𝙊𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 ──── not applicable,,

━━ 𝘼𝙍𝙏 ────