XIII

VOTE!⭐

Ek maange agar sau khwaab doon

Tu rahe khush, main aabad hoon

Tu sabse juda juda sa hai

Tu apni tarah tarah sa hai

Mujhe lagta nahi hai tu doosra

--------------------------

AUTHOR'S POV

"Umm... I made this for you," Aradhana said as she walked toward the table. Rudransh watched her, observing her actions closely. He had been in the study since leaving the table, knowing she would come to look. As she approached, he smirked internally.

She placed the bowl on the table and glanced at him, taking a deep breath and nervously licking her dry lips, which caught his attention unknowingly. He rolled his tongue in his mouth and set the pen down on the table.

"Why?" he asked, fully aware. She lowered her gaze and began, "Umm, I really di-"

"Eyes on me when you talk," he commanded in a deep voice. She looked up, meeting his oceanic blue eyes. He rose from his chair and began to pace across the table.

"Speak."

"I really didn't know you were allergic to dairy products, so... so I made sweet potato ras malai, which doesn't contain milk, and..."

She held his gaze as she spoke, and then he stepped forward, stopping just two paces away, his hands folded near his chest. He presented an intimidating figure, towering over her. 

Dressed in a white kurta and pajama, a tilak adorned his forehead. His hair, styled with expensive gel, complemented the three-day-old stubble framing his perfect nose and sleek jawline. His broad shoulders and the defined outline of his strong arms were visible through the fabric. And those piercing blue eyes stared at her with intense scrutiny, while his lips—

Aradhana's eyes went wide with the realization that she was checking him out, right in front of him. As she looked at him, he smirked, clearly having caught her. Blood rushed to her cheeks in embarrassment.

"And?" Rudransh teased, enjoying her flustered state.

"And?" Aradhana frowned, not quite catching his meaning.

"And?" He repeated himself, and then it clicked her. She bit the inside of her lip and took a deep breath to compose herself.

"I'm sorry for...for yesterday's actions of mine. It was foolish to lock the door; it won't happen again. It's your house; you can sleep wherever you want, and I won't interfere," 

she said in one breath, not wanting to embarrass herself further. His face hardened, remembering her actions from yesterday, but her apology seemed to calm him down somewhat.

"Hmm," he hummed, and Aradhana nodded, not wanting to prolong the topic.

"I've apologized; there's nothing more I can do," she thought to herself.

She averted her gaze and noticed the curtains. Moving towards them, she slid them open. She doesn't really like darkness; that's why she prefers to keep every curtain open, but he doesn't, I guess, because everything is in a dark shade, and the lights are always off, she thought.