CHAPTER 3

Nicole wakes up and checks the time on her phone.

Nicole: ( with a sleepy voice) Oh, it's 2 in the morning. I better go get my drugs

She comes down from the bed and turns on the light as she drinks her medicine. Jessica then enters inside.

Jessica: What are you doing up so  early in the morning?

Nicole: I can ask you the same question What are you doing?

Jessica: I went to the kitchen to take something. So now tell me what you are doing up so early, and what pills are you taking.

Nicole: These are my hypertension pills, I take them every day because, as a child, my b.p. was very high.

Jessica: ok, well, you need to get some rest, cause tomorrow we will be leaving early for church.

Nicole: What? But I don't do church, you know this, Jessica.

Jessica: Well, as they say in the bible, no weapon fashioned against me shall prosper. Good night.
(She leaves and closes the door behind her as Nicole falls to the bed and light fades)

         NEXT MORNING
Jessica in Nicole's room

Jessica: Good morning, sleepy head.

Nicole: (with a sleepy voice) Is it morning already.

Jessica: Yes, it is, which means that you will have to get up and get ready for church.

Nicole: we're not starting this conversation again. Are we Jessica ?

Jessica: But it's Sunday

Nicole: So?

Jessica: So, Sunday means it's church day. Do take your lazy ass up and head into the bathroom.

Nicole:(been sarcastic) I'd love to, but I don't have any church clothes.

Jessica: it's ok. You can borrow some of mine.

The next scene is in Jessica's car, where she is driving, and Nicole is sitting next to her.
Jessica then turns on the radio to play a gospel song, as Nicole turns it yo another station. They both start arguing

Jessica: ok enough! No need, I'll turn it off. Besides, we're almost at church, and there's a no track zone 2 blocks away from church.

Nicole: Yeah, whatever.

They arrive at a warehouse.

Nicole: Huh, I thought we were going to church.

Jessica: This is our church. Welcome to the Grace factory.

Nicole:( stutters) I don't get it.

Jessica: it used to be a warehouse for Greece, but now, it's our church. Come on, let's go in. I'm so excited to introduce you to everyone.

She leads her in.