13. Remind Me Again

| Elsie Taylor |

| Elsie Taylor |

Cracking my eyelids open, I could feel something touching my hand as I tried to roll away, but that was unsuccessful, as it always was. With Daddy, we always had our separate side, never once crossing the other side for the other person. He didn't like my hugs, and I was okay with that. Not everyone liked me, so they wouldn't like my hugs. 

"Ez" a sigh resounded through the room, making me remember something. "Ezzy?" I questioned, pushing myself up with only one hand, nearly wincing, but I bit on my lip to stop it from passing my lips. The room fell quiet, scaring me a little. 

I think I said something wrong. I felt the hand that was holding my own, still, and that made everything worse. I pulled my hand out of the other hand, and scooted back, so that my back was hitting the headboard, as I looked between the two people. I tucked my knees to my chest, wrapping my arms around them, shivering a little. 

It felt like all those times that I would be stared at before the shouting came about how I had been a naughty little girl, and then there would be an argument, before my daddy would come and comfort me, hours later. Then we would be back off in the truck, to who knows where. It was a miracle that the truck hadn't been crashed yet, but it had. 

It had crashed with my daddy in it, all because of John having a disagreement with my daddy. I didn't get it, how they had been friends. "El" a soft voice murmured, and I wanted to crawl to them, but I didn't allow myself to do it. I had done something wrong, I didn't know what, but I had made them upset, and that was the worst. He should be crying because of me. 

There should be shouts and tears, not just sitting in silence. So, I shook my head, and curled up further. That was worse. I should be in big trouble for doing that. I shouldn't even be on this big, nice looking bed anymore but there was no way that I could get down without hurting myself. 

"El, your not in trouble" those words had been said before, and I knew that it meant I was in trouble. I knew what the double meaning was. If someone had to say it, it meant the opposite. "Yes I am" I muttered, pulling the shirt I was wearing, further up my face, so that it was hiding my chin, mouth and nose. I did this whenever I was scared or didn't want to talk. 

"Why do you think that you are in trouble?" I looked to the man that was at the end of the bed, and he didn't look scary. He had a few tattoos that poked out of his shirt, but nothing screamed that I couldn't tell him why I thought that I was in trouble. "I said Ezzy and I don't think I should have" I pressed a finger to my mouth, as I had brought the shirt away from my mouth to speak. 

"It's okay, really" the second man spoke, and I shook my head at him, the same way I had the first time he had asked me to come to him. "No it's not. I shouldn't have said it. Put me in time out or something, anything really, just don't hit me" I regretted those words when they came out of my mouth, so I put a hand up in front of me, turning my face to the side just in case. 

"El, we aren't going to hit you or put you in time out" the man spoke again, and I really wanted to crawl over the sheets to him, but I didn't. I couldn't do it. I was still so unsure if he was telling the truth or not. I couldn't always believe what someone said, it was always the actions that told you what they truly meant. 

"Come here, El" a third voice spoke from somewhere, and I whipped my head to the door, immediately seeing Ollie. I looked down to the side of the bed, and debated sliding down, but that was quickly washed away as someone placed me down on the ground, as I raced over to Ollie, wrapping my arms around his legs. 

I pushed my head into his legs, forcing my eyes shut as I clung around them, holding on as tight as I possibly could. I almost didn't want to let go. "Hey El" a chuckle was heard from above me and I knew who it was coming from. I knew who this person was, and it was just what I needed. I had missed him, and I felt bad for not spending enough time with him. 

He was probably mad at me too. Everyone was always mad at me for one thing or another. "El, we need to talk" that made my stomach roll, and I clutched onto Ollie as much as I possibly could. I knew that I was hurting him, but I couldn't help it. I couldn't help it, as the fear was too much. It was worse than what it used to be. 

I shook my head, over and over again. I didn't want to have a talk. "El, can I pick you up" and with that, I just clung on tighter, as I was then lifted up with ease, as I wrapped my arms around Ollie's neck and pushed my head into his shoulder, trying to hide from the two people that I had left on the bed. 

I knew that I should have made a run for it, but it was too late now. "El, no one is going to ever hurt you, okay. We just want to help you. I was just wanting to know if you wanted to go shopping with us today" I sat up, looking at the man that had spoken, still yet to learn his name and who he even really was. 

"Okay, but you better not be mad" I watched their face break, at my words. I felt bad, again, so I swung my legs and pushed from Ollie, wanting to be put down. He placed me on the bed, and I crawled over to the man that had spoken, and sat in his lap. "I'm sorry" and with that, the arms wrapped around me, and he cried. He had been the one that I had called Ezzy, and now, here he was, holding me while he cried in silence. 

---

thoughts? xx

thoughts? xx

this is such a bad chapter