CHAPTER 3: A MONSTER IN THE VILLAGE

"Please... It hurts so much..." A female voice begged with pain and difficulty.

"I will repeat myself one more time... Tell me where the doctor Juliett is."

"I... I can't, I-I-"

"TORTURE."

After placing his hand on her naked right shoulder, the executioner's ability coursed through the palm of his hand, making red electric arcs flying everywhere in the room. A surge of intense pain made her violently jolt as if one was being executed on the electric chair. And a smell of burned flesh invaded the closed space as the screams of pain and horror replaced the silence.

Briefly pulling his hand off her, a visible trace of third-degree burns shaped with the slayer's hand now marked her. It was not the first time he did that kind of thing because the man was completely indifferent to her sufferings. The poor demon woman had no more skins covering the muscles of her legs and her arms, traces of the TORTURE ability were found everywhere on her naked body as well as bruises on her face.

In that room with the faint light of the candles, blood and feces surrounded the victim and its tormentor. For ten days, the doctor Fluorine has endured the worst experience in her life. She was now an empty living shell, an artificial undead that was slowly ripped of her own soul. One of the numerous preys that was toyed by the feral executioner.

"Professor, please. I beg you to answer my request... It pains me to inflict you this kind of torture."

His voice was so sweet yet so hollow, his face was only a mask worn by an idea of evil. Holding her face by the chin like a lover talking to his damsel; he plunged his lifeless eyes deep in her spared left eye, probing her soul and waiting for a reaction.

"The... Crim... Crimson... De...Demon... Village..."

The female general was in pain, she was crying. It was not talking but more like gasping with all the life force left in her. She was shaking. In her head, she only asked to be released from this prison of flesh. She looked like a wounded bunny left by itself at the mercy of a cruel predator.

"The 'Crimson Demon Village' is that so?"

The victim slowly nodded 'yes,' as her wound on the throat reopened to let some blood dropping.

"Thank you for your cooperation, general Fluorine. I really appreciate it."

The warrior stood behind her, rose his right hand in a knife style and swept through her neck from left to right at an incredible speed like a martial art practitioner breaking bricks. Only a sweeping sound like a sword waved in the air could be heard, and a little bit of blood coated the walls and the floor.

Her head jumped out of her shoulders before falling a few steps from her. The hunter's hand was drenched in crimson liquid and the bodyless head watched her own body falling on the stomach as her last seconds were counted.

"Good night, general." He finished before taking his axe and his feathered hat as he left the room.

At Megumin's home

"Mister Barbarian?"

No answer.

"Mister Barbarian!" Insisted Komekko.

This time, Y/N snapped out of his last memory with the demon general.

"What is it Komekko?"

"This is my house! Usually, that woman passes by every night of the weekends! You can hide and wait for her to come!"