Nᴇᴡ Dᴏɴᴜᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴍᴇʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴀʟᴄᴏʜᴏʟ

Warnings: Harm/self-harm, dirty thoughts, profanity, angst

~Mᴜɪᴄʜɪʀᴏ ᴘᴏᴠ~

"Donut lover, huh?" I chuckled at the customer, grabbing a napkin and putting the donuts the customers want in a box.

"Will ya give me free donuts, Tokito?"

I glanced at him and placed the box of donuts on the light blue counter. "No."

"Why not?"

"That's not how it works. You want something, you pay for it." I sighed, explaining to him the simple stuff.

"Yeah, yeah, I knew that all along." He snatched the bag and gave me a dirty look.

Once he left, I sighed deeply and my head was in my hands. People could be rude around here, y'know? People steal, people cuss at me for being too slow.

Ring

Yeah, another person comes. I'm sick of these customers bossing me around like that. That was an example.

"Hey, scar boy." I waved to him, noticing Genya coming back to my store.

"Ay." He waved, walking into a aisle.

Not talking to me?

—————

"You look unhappy." He shrugged, placing the box of watermelons and ohagi.

"Don't worry about me." I brushed it off. "Now uhhhh, I got some donuts."

"Really?" He asked, with a surprised look. "What a surprise. Didn't see that yesterday."

"It's new, duh!" I grabbed a napkin and some gloves. "Want some? Many choices."

"I guess...any recommendations?"

"Chocolate donut with sprinkles." I shrugged. I told him the most common donut flavor, and he still looked interested.

"Do you have any watermelon ones?"

I laughed and my hands rested on the shelf that the donuts were laying on. "O-oh god, you like watermelon donuts?"

"Do you?"

"Yeah." I nodded, putting the watermelon donuts in a box. "I haven't tried them, but if you are a fan of watermelon, then definitely!" I gave him the box.

"Can I try them right now?—"

"Pay up." My hands laid on the counter, waiting for the money. "I had to tell one customer the steps, so retarded..."

"What?"

"I know." I sighed. "Are you going to pay or what?"

"Oh shoot, my bad." He chuckled, paying me 10 dollars. "These donuts are cheap."

"Alrighty, would you like it to go or to eat here?"

"Maybe here." He replied unsurely.

"You sure?"

"Mhm." He nodded.

"Let me lead you." I exited the counter, leading him to the table near the big window.

"Looks nice." He glanced at me with a smile, sitting down and eating his watermelon with his HANDS!

"Learn your manners."

"I don't have chopsticks or a fork!" He shouted.

"Jeez, don't shout..." I sighed with annoyance, grabbing a fork at the back. "Here you go." I gave him the fork. "You have a good day now." I smiled, with a wink.

—————

At 6:00, I opened the door at the back. I went towards the bike rack and took my bike out.

"Hey." My manager opened the door and got my attention.

"Yeah?"

"Mind doubling your work tomorrow?" He asked.

"Y-yeah, yeah, sure." I nodded, hopping on my bike after watching my manager walk back inside.

I sighed and a tear trickled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it off and drove my back down the streets. It was really dark outside, and I couldn't really see where I was going. I shook my head and didn't want to think about my father.

"Be a good boy and—"

I started to cry, my hands tightening onto the handlebars. Having Yuichiro at father's is a bad choice. Father used to drink too, and spill it on our heads for his entertainment. Maybe it would happen again. Yui tells me everything through the telephone.

My head twisted to the side and I saw a black car past by with the headlights on. My hands started trembling on the handlebars, and I started to get scared.

I drove faster, and my legs started to hurt.

—————

"Mother, I'm back home..." The moment I turned around, she had a drink of alcohol and it seemed like she was about to smash it onto me when her arm lifted.

"Where were you?!" She screamed, her breath smelling like alcohol. So strong.

"You know I work at the store!" I shouted back. She's been drunk for so long in my life, and I got used to yelling at her for blaming me for the stuff I didn't do. She doesn't hold grudges.

"It's 6:50, so fucking late!!" She grabbed my wrist and pushed me to the floor.

"I-i'm sorry..." I sniffed and wiped my tears with my wrist.

"Don't cry!! you're to blame!!" Her foot stepped on my back and stomped on it, making me gasp.

Definitely 911 is to call.