Chapter 4 - Meeting Her PT-2

Author's Note :

Hello all! Finally I am back with an update. Sorry it took me quite a while for this chapter. For anyone who doesn't remember where this story is at here's a short recap, From a letter from Jack, Gibbs found out about their daughter Olivia. After waiting outside and observing her house for a while (a lightly loose form of stalking but who cares right?), Gibbs then follows olivia from her house to a dog shelter and accidentally ends up running into her, from there this is a continuation of what happens after Gibbs meets Olivia...

Sunday

Sunday....Early Morning.... At the Dog Shelter...

Gibbs Pov:

All I can do is just stand here and stare at Olivia dumbfounded.

" Kate told me that you're looking to adopt a puppy?" She continues when I don't respond to her. I would if I could. But my words seem to have been stuck inside my throat, " If you would tell me what breed you are looking for, then I can show them to you?"

She flashes a polite expectant smile at me, patiently waiting for my reply. After staring at her blankly for a few minutes, I somehow pull myself together enough to respond, " Yh- Yeah.....Tha- That wou-would be G-Gre- Great.." Clearing my throat I finish lamely, "Great.. "

"I'm Sloane by the way! Olivia Sloane" She says gesturing for a handshake, " You can call me Olivia."

"Olivia." I breathe softly and gently shake her hand back. She has a frim handshake. Soft but yet confident and firm. Just like her, "Olivia. That's a very nice name."

She grins at me with a polite 'Thank You' and then starts walking, gesturing me to follow her.

"So if you see, we have all different breeds of puppies starting from Labrador retriever, Golden retriever, German shepherd, Australian Shepherd pug, poodle to doberman and even pitbulls." Olivia says in with an excitement that sparks her eyes as she speaks, " Now each breed has so many unique characters and traits specifically for them. And you should know no two breeds are alike."

Nodding my head appreciatively I listen to her while she continues, "And also each breed differs in human interactions, maintenance, mating and food habits but generally all breeds are really so friendly. " She bounces a little when a over excited puppy tries to jump at her and then scratches the dog's head making goofy faces, "They just want attention and hugs and love from us humans. Lots and lots of love. Isn't it right sweetie...?"

Looking at her like this, making faces and playing with a dog with a carefree smile, for a moment it feels like I'm back 25 years and at the training camp, watching Jack walk around the woods with the same carefree smile with a matching goofy smile of mine. We were just kids back then.. Kids fighting in a war that had nothing to do with us. Sure. But still just kids in love...

Olivia pauses suddenly pulling me from my thoughts and looks up at me with an embarassed look and once again her professional smile is back on place, " Well, I won't waste your time with any more details. You can just look around for yourself....."