LN♥/✩

"I couldn't help but imagine what I would do to you if given the chance."

TW: Explicit content, NSFW

The clink of cutlery against porcelain fills the air, punctuated by bursts of laughter and animated conversation. We're all crammed into this trendy little bistro, the dim lighting casting a cozy glow over the mismatched furniture and exposed brick walls. It's a scene straight out of a hipster Instagram feed, but tonight, it's just us – a ragtag group of F1 drivers letting loose after a long day of testing.

I take a sip of my wine, relishing the smooth, velvety taste as it washes over my tongue. Sitting beside me is Lando, his mop of curly hair bouncing with every exaggerated gesture he makes. He's regaling us with some ridiculous story about a mishap in the simulator, and I can't help but laugh along with the rest of the table.

Max leans back in his chair, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he tosses out a cheeky remark. "So, who's up for some karaoke later?"

Carlos raises an eyebrow, a smirk playing at the corners of his lips. "Are you trying to torture us, Max? I thought we were friends."

Daniel chimes in with his signature grin, "Come on, Carlos. We know you love belting out cheesy '80s ballads."

Pierre rolls his eyes, but there's a hint of amusement in his voice as he adds, "I'm in as long as someone promises not to record it."

Charles chuckles, shaking his head. "I think I'll pass on embarrassing myself tonight, thank you very much."

I lean over to Lando, a playful glint in my eye. "What about you? I would love a little serenade."

"You don't really want that, unless you call screeching a serenade..." Carlos joked.

He feigns offense, clutching his chest dramatically. "I'll have you know, I have the voice of an angel."

We all burst into laughter, the sound echoing off the walls of the bistro. The clink of glasses and murmur of conversation provide the perfect backdrop for our banter, but my attention keeps drifting to the handsome bartender behind the counter.

I can feel his gaze on me, a warmth spreading through me like the first sip of mulled wine on a chilly night. His eyes are a shade of deep brown that seems to hold secrets untold, and every time our gazes meet, a shiver runs down my spine.

I try to focus on the conversation swirling around me, but it's a futile effort. Max is regaling us with tales of his latest adventure, but all I can think about is the bartender's magnetic stare.

Lando nudges me playfully, a mischievous twinkle in his eye. "Hey, you seem awfully distracted tonight."

I chuckle, shaking my head to clear away the cobwebs of my thoughts. "Sorry, got lost in my own little world there for a moment."

He arches an eyebrow, a knowing smirk tugging at the corners of his lips. "Lost in the bartender's eyes, more like."

I feel a blush creeping up my cheeks, but I refuse to back down. "What can I say? A girl appreciates some eye candy."

The guys erupt into laughter, Carlos clapping me on the shoulder with a grin. "You're not wrong there, he's totally your type."

I shoot him a mock glare, the playful banter easing the tension that had been building inside me. "Well, if anyone needs a free drink, I think I know who to ask."

Daniel raises an eyebrow, a sly grin spreading across his face. "Think you can charm your way into some freebies, huh?"

I shrug nonchalantly, a smirk playing at the corners of my lips. "Hey, it's worth a shot. Worst case scenario, I'll just flash him a smile and bat my eyelashes."