CS♥

"Anytime, mi amor."

The sun dipped below the skyline, casting a warm glow over the sidewalk cafes, as I found myself surrounded by the usual chaos that came with hanging out with my friends. Carlos, my ever-so-charming boyfriend, was engaged in a heated debate with Piero about the latest Formula One race, he was always at work. Clara, our resident flirt, was gushing about her latest romantic conquest, much to Mia's amusement and Dante's feigned disinterest.

"Can you believe it? Clara actually found someone who can match her energy levels," Mia exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with mischief as she leaned forward on her seat.

I shot a grin at Clara, who was sitting beside me, her cheeks flushed with a mix of embarrassment and excitement. "Spill the tea, Clara! Who's the lucky guy this time?"

Clara's grin widened into a mischievous smirk. "Oh, you know, just some guy I met at that dive bar downtown. He's got this whole brooding artist thing going on, but he's surprisingly funny once you get past the whole tortured soul act."

Piero, who was now invested in our chit-chat, let out a bark of laughter. "Sounds like Clara finally found her match. I give it a week before she's ghosting him."

Clara swatted at Piero's arm playfully. "Shut up, Piero! This one's different, I can feel it."

Dante, who had been silent until now, raised an eyebrow from the corner of the table. "Sure, Clara. Just like the last five guys were different."

Carlos chuckled, his hand reaching over to squeeze mine. "Hey, at least Clara keeps things interesting for us. Can you imagine how boring our lives would be without her romantic escapades?"

I rolled my eyes, leaning into Carlos's touch. "Speak for yourself, babe. I, for one, could use a little less drama in my life."

Mia groaned. "Ugh, don't even get me started on drama. My boss has been riding my ass all week about those stupid TPS reports. I swear, if I have to hear the phrase 'urgent deadline' one more time, I'm gonna lose it."

Clara snickered, nudging Mia's shoulder. "Maybe you should start dating your boss, Mia. Then you could kill two birds with one stone—literally."

Mia shot Clara a mock glare. "Ha-ha, very funny. I'd rather die alone than date that egomaniac."

Piero let out a loud snort. "Well, if Mia's out of the running, maybe I'll give it a shot. I could use a sugar mama to fund my over-rated, over-priced coffee addiction."

We all burst into laughter at Piero's comment, the sound mingling with the distant hum of the city outside. The laughter gradually subsided, a comfortable silence settled over us, punctuated only by the rhythmic beat of the music pouring from the bar stereo. I leaned back against my seat, stealing a glance at Carlos beside me. His dark eyes were alight with amusement, his lips curved into a lopsided grin that never failed to make my heart flutter.

"Hey, anyone up for a late-night stroll along the sea?" Carlos suggested, breaking the silence with his husky voice.

Clara's eyes lit up at the idea. "Yes! I could use some fresh air after all those cocktails."

Mia nodded enthusiastically. "Count me in! It's been ages since I've seen the ocean at night."

Piero shrugged, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Sure, why not? Maybe we'll stumble upon some buried treasure or a mermaid or something."

Dante chuckled, shaking his head. "I highly doubt we'll find any mythical creatures on this beach, Piero."

With unanimous agreement, we left the bar and walked towards the coast, the salty scent of the ocean growing stronger with each passing moment. As we reached near the boardwalk, I could feel the cool sea breeze ruffling through my hair, carrying away the remnants of our laughter into the night.

The moon hung low in the sky, casting a soft silver glow over the deserted beach. Without a word, we stepped out and made our way towards the water, our footsteps leaving imprints in the damp sand.

The sound of waves crashing against the shore filled the air, a soothing melody that seemed to wash away all the worries of the world. I kicked off my shoes, relishing the sensation of the cool sand between my toes as I walked beside Carlos, our hands brushing against each other with each step.

Clara and Mia trailed behind us, their voices mingling with the gentle hum of the ocean as they chatted about everything and nothing at all. Piero and Dante walked a few paces ahead, engaged in a heated debate about god-knows-what.

I shivered involuntarily as a chilly gust of wind swept across the beach, sending goosebumps rippling across my skin. With a soft sigh, I tugged on the sleeves of my jacket, feeling the cold seeping into my bones.

"I'm cold," I whined, casting a playful glance at Carlos as I tugged on my sleeve like a child.

He chuckled, a mischievous glint dancing in his dark eyes. "Well, you should've brought your own coat then."

I shot him a mock glare, but couldn't help the smile that tugged at the corners of my lips. "You're so mean," I teased, nudging him playfully with my elbow.

But before I could protest any further, Carlos was already unzipping his jacket and draping it over my shoulders, enveloping me in its warmth. My hands found their way to his back under the warm fabric of his jacket. I blinked up at him in surprise, feeling the heat of his body radiating through.

"Hey! Is this just an excuse for you to hold me? You don't actually want me to warm up," I teased, a sly smirk playing on my lips as his hands found the back pockets of my jeans.

Carlos's eyes twinkled with amusement as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close against his chest. "Maybe a little bit of both," he admitted, his voice soft and playful as he pressed a kiss to the top of my head.

I snuggled into his embrace, feeling the tension melting away from my muscles as I relaxed against him. The sound of the ocean seemed to fade into the background as we sat there together, lost in our own little world.

"Thank you," I murmured, my voice barely more than a whisper as I nestled closer to him.

Carlos's arms tightened around me, his heartbeat steady and reassuring beneath my cheek. "Anytime, mi amor," he whispered back, his breath warm against my ear.

And in that moment, with the sea stretching out before us and the stars twinkling overhead, I knew that I was exactly where I was meant to be—wrapped in Carlos's arms.

Thank you for reading and voting!

Requests are always open <3