|| Chapter 19: Mimzy's Funeral ||

Date: June 27th, 1930

It was Mimzy's funeral, a lot of souls showed up. It had shocked (Y/N). The people there ranged from claiming to be family to endless supporters that line up to the road. She swallowed thickly, which also meant she'd get a lot a questions. The story for the public was simple, Mimzy passed in her sleep and was discovered by her. But that didn't leave more fans curious, like questions concerning her bar, her funds, how she looked when she was discovered. Things (Y/N) wanted to avoid.

"I told you to let me handle it, Sunshine." Alastor whispered into her ear, a shiver rushing down her spine and her face immediately flushing a red color. He had been amendment about sticking closer to her ever since the kiss they shared last week. Like he had done when they first met months ago. 

"Mimzy was my friend too... I couldn't let you do this alone." She said back, staring out the window at the endless crowd. Alastor hummed, his hand sneakily finding its way on the small of her back. 

"Yes, I am aware, however you never were one for crowds... This isn't like working at the bar." He said, his voice calm. (Y/N) glanced behind her, taking a moment to take in his outfit. All black, of course it... it was Mimzy's funeral after all. But she couldn't deny he looked good in all black. She then blinked, immediately looking away. 

"How much longer till it starts?" She asked, trying to distract her wondering mind. Alastor shifted slightly. 

"Just a few more minutes."

"Is Anthony coming?" She turned to face him finally, her eyes looking up at him. She wanted to kiss him again, a way of saying thanks. Or maybe she was trying to enjoy what little time she had left with him, after all... If she did go back home, she couldn't do any of this again.

Wait... What? 

"Anthony should be here, but it seems he is beginning to join the family business." He guided her away from the window. leading her to the main doors of the church. "Now keep in mind, if you grow at all uncomfortable, I will come to assist you." 

She nodded, "Thanks..." She mumbled, unsettled by how easily her mind seemed to be upset about leaving this world instead of being joyful. She shook her head, helping Alastor open the doors.

Laughing... The people were laughing as they rushed inside. Some were crying, but majority were laughing and even immediately have a band get together to play some jazz songs. (Y/N) only stared, the usual sad theme of a funeral wasn't happening. But rather, the fun was being put into the word. Quite literally. 

"I'm afraid to tell you that our darling Mimzy wouldn't want a customary funeral... So I pulled some strings to spice it up in her honor." Alastor slipped back beside her watching her stare in awe at the 'funeral'. 

"I... I don't understand, does everyone know this is like a small party rather than funeral." She said gesture to the few who already drinking like there was no tomorrow, screaming sings Mimzy used to say.

"A few, I arranged a room for those who wished to grieve instead of... well mangling." He spoke with his hands, chuckling as he watched her shocked expression. His eyes softened monetarily as he watched her expressions. "What would you like to do, Sunshine. Would you care for a dance or join the others in the grieving process."

She was stunned, while she was shocked. She was sure if Mimzy was here she'd be excited, encouraging her to drink, to sing with her, or to dance. She sighed; Alastor smiled not giving her a chance to speak before he took her hand, guiding her to the middle of the church when many danced. She watched as a priest tried to keep everything under control but quickly gave up. Mumbling something about drinking in god's presence.