15

GRIFFIN

"Because for some reason, you hate me." She whispers. What?

A bitter taste plagues my tongue.

"I do not hate you." I drawl.

"You do, you always push me away, you never let us talk normal and you make me feel smaller." She huffs. "And you called me incompetent. Between that and kissing me then pulling away and acting like I kiss worse than a dead fish, ofcourse you hate me." She rants. Jesus how is she so talkative.

"The kiss was not the problem, tempesta." I walk closer, looking at those lips. The problem was how good she felt.
(Storm.)

"What was the problem then? Am I not pretty enough? Tall enough? Smart enough." She grits. "That's it isn't it?"

"What?" Im fucking confused.

"You've called me irrational, incompetent and I wouldn't be surprised if you call me other names behind my back." She shrugs.

"You really think you're important enough that I even remember your existence when you're not right in my face?" I grunt. Don't know why I said that.

Because evidently I do remember her existence, multiple times a day.

"Wow. Well sorry for being in your face." She goes to side step me but I step closer, now caging her smaller frame between my chest and the door to my office. Those deep storm eyes look up at me, razer sharp with anger.

"Get out of my face." She grits.

"I didn't mean that." I finally say. Ariel laughs, her cheeks indenting with dimples. My eyes briefly get caught on them before I bring my attention back to her eyes.

"I don't care, get off of me." She says, her voice sounds urgent. "You know you're actually freaking impossible." She bursts, anger and frustration etch her soft features.

"I know." It's all I can manage to say. This up close, I can see everything on her face. The small freckle on the top of her lip that cannot be seen from afar. The way her nose wrinkles when she's upset. The specks of unnatural silver in her iris. And her scent. The smell of rain and flowers invades my mind, chipping away at every rational thought and sense I have left.

Her chest is rising and falling against mine, and I can feel every angry breath she takes.

"Let. Me. Go." Ariel says, her voice low. Her anger is everything but scary. God what I want to do to her right now.

"I can't micetta." I lean down, capturing her plump lips in mine, kissing her like she was air itself. Her small, silent moans travel through me, settling somewhere in the depths of my chest, a place previously so hollow I heard echoes of my past from it.

I pull away, looking down at a now panting Ariel, storm eyes brewing darker with need.

"Stop kissing me when you don't mean it." she pants.

"Who said I don't mean it." I kiss her again, her soft lips an addiction I wouldn't mind feeding.

She pulls away again, making me groan.

"This is one of-" she starts but gets cut off.

"Maybe she's up here." We hear a voice from somewhere down the hall. Ariels already dialated eyes widen to the max as panic creeps through her expression.

"Oh god, please get off of me, this is so inappropriate." She whisper shouts. Cute.

I easily snake a hand behind her, opening the door to my office and letting her almost fall back but I catch her around the waist, pulling her body flush against mine. I turn us around, and gently let the door close, pinning her against it again.