16

ARIEL

Two days.

Two days since the kiss that for the first time in my life, made me want more from a man. My stomach pooled with thick desire, every nerve of my body was alive. I wanted to jump on him and have him do unspeakable things.

I have never had.. intercourse. I've had boyfriends, they've wanted to, I just never felt comfortable enough. And most often then not I just didn't feel attracted to anyone like that.

But with him I felt alive with pleasure, I wanted him so much. Which is why it was such a mistake. I shouldn't be attracted to him. He's gorgeous, yes. But even if he didn't despise me, it's impractical.

Im not here for long, I have to go back soon and liking him would be painful. I should get out while Im still ahead. Figuratively speaking.

But it's hard to sit at work, and not think about that and only that. Theres only so much paperwork I can do to distract me.

"Ariel." I get knocked out of my thoughts by a familiar voice.

I look up to see Stefan, one of the company's Executives. He's around my age. Maybe 25. I know him from around the office, and from working on my first assignment together.

"Stefan." I smile. "Come in." I gesture for him to sit which he does.

"I was afraid I'd miss you. It is almost time to leave." He says.

"Yeah, is there something you needed?" I ask curiously. He's at a much higher position than me, if this was work related, he would've called me up.

"Uh yeah I was wondering if you would like to go out with me." He grimaces.

My shock is probably evident on my face which makes him tug a nervously at his jacket.

"Oh." I manage to squeak.

"Yeah, Ive been wanting to do this for a long time, you're one of the most beautiful women I've seen." He compliments, mh cheeks burn. "I just had to make sure Mr. Russo was, not against it. I did talk to him before I came to you."

He talked to my uncle? His boss. Just so he could ask me out.

"Wow Stefan I-" I have confusing feelings for someone else. "Im flattered." I smile.

"You don't have to tell me now really. You can take your time. But a friend of a friend is having a club opening tonight. It's really upscale, I think it could be fun." he shrugs, a boyish smile on his face.

I bite my lip, contemplating it.

"No I think I'll go tonight. It could be fun." I smile. "But I do want to tell you Im only really here for a few more weeks." I purse my lips.

"That's why I really wanted to ask you, I'm transferring to the California branch soon and I knew about you going back too. I think this could become something." He adds. My heart dips at the thought for some reason.

I don't want to lead him on, but one date couldn't hurt. Just to see if I can like him. Or anyone else for that matter.

"Okay, so I can pick you up? Or you can. meet me there, whatever you're comfortable with." He says.

"Yeah, Ill just meet you there. Text me the address." I tell him.

He stays a few minutes longer than leaves.

I just hope it's fun tonight.

__________________

By the time 9 pm rolled around, I was majorly regretting ever saying yes to going out with Stefan. It was stupid and I did not think it through.

I kissed a guy two days ago. And now I'm going out with someone else. It's highly unlike me and I just can't shake the feeling that it is completely wrong to try and forget about Griffin by going out with Stefan.

Unfortunately, in Stefans text, along with the location he asked me to meet him at 9:30. Since it was an invite only night at the club, I would need to go inside with him. And it was too late to cancel, and even if I could cancel, I would die of embarrassment when I saw him at work.

I just had to push through the night. Then I would simply let him down easy.

When I got out of my uber outside of this club, I was very glad I chose to wore something fancy yet classy. Everyone looked dressed for the met, just more club chic than formal. Class and wealth dripped off every person present and I was suddenly doubting the length of my dress.

It was a bold piece, a beautiful mix of burgundy and net, with a corset bodice and a skirt that clung to the curve of my hips and thighs, it went down to just about mid thigh. I felt incredibly sexy, the color and cleavage were out of character for me, but I basked in the emboldened spirit I felt within.

 I felt incredibly sexy, the color and cleavage were out of character for me, but I basked in the emboldened spirit I felt within

And one could truly never not feel sexy wearing a pair of Valentino heels

And one could truly never not feel sexy wearing a pair of Valentino heels. They came with a confidence boost when you bought them.

I had also put my hair up in about classy bun updo, exposing the length of my neck and my collarbones. I was strangely proud of them, I'd gotten them from my mom.And I was slowly realizing one thing for certain,

Red was my color.

I immediately felt eyes on me, and the urgency to find Stefan increased as soon as I saw a man in a leather jacket start to approach. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw him by the door.

"Wow, you look.." He trails off, my cheeks heating as his eyes looked me up and down. It took him several moments to even look at my face. I couldn't help but frown a little. "Amazing." He finishes.

I force a smile.

"Thankyou, you look great yourself." I smile wider.

"Come, I'll introduce you to Dominic, he's a friend of mine, it's his club opening." He leads me inside with a hand on my back, high enough that it's appropriate, but just low enough to be suggestive. "He owns many major clubs all over the country. Great man to know." He tells me as we walk into the tastefully decorated room.

The music and lighting is perfectly fitting for a club environment but the people are sloppy drunk or feral on thr dance floor. It's the tamest night club Ive ever been to.

We stop by the bar to get drinks and just one martini later, my inhibitions are already looser.

Maybe tonight won't be so bad after all.