Chapter 17 - Just do it

"You're funny" He laughed sarcastically "I accept. Watch your back Torres" the intensity in his gaze made her want to melt.

I'd kiss him right now.

Monday, 22:11 pm

Charlotte

Charlotte stayed silent as he looked at her through hooded eyes, he was probably close to falling asleep. Although each time the thunder was heard his eyes fluttered open again.

After a few minutes she felt both of his hands on her waist, pulling her up as he got out from underneath her and stood up. She followed him with the light of the flashlight, he was looking for something in his night stand.

"Torres, come here for a minute" He said still looking through his things.

Charlotte stood up and walked over there, pointing the flashlight to the nightstand, the light was flickering so she figured it would turn off any minute now. She only saw him grab a barrette with a baby pink flower design.

Jackson closed the nightstand drawer and turned to face her "That strand of hair is going to make me go crazy"

Crazy? What does he mean by that? Because my mind goes places and I'm not sure if it went to the right one.

Jackson gently pushed the hair strand that was in front of her eyes behind her ear and put the barrette in her hair with shaky hands to hold it in place. She knew her cheeks were warm, and she didn't particularly like the feeling just because it was him.

This man is going to make ME go crazy. This is not the normal Jackson, this might just be a dream.

Also why the hell does he have that? Is it his sister's?

Well if he's going to play with my hair, might as well do the same.

"Hey Power, lean down for a second" She said putting the flashlight down on the nightstand.

Once he leaned down slightly, she took the opportunity to ruffle his hair to make it messier. When the thunder was heard louder than before she had the awful reflex of grabbing on his hair.

"Torres" He groaned and shook his head so she'd let go before standing straight.

Insanely hot... why couldn't this be a guy I got along with well and who wasn't such a fucking asshole?

"...staying the night?" Was all Charlotte heard when she snapped back to reality.

"What?" She asked looking up at him.

"Are you staying the night? I'm really tired and you can't go out until the storm passes, which by the looks of it, won't happen soon"

I don't want to stay here but I don't want to go home... It's better to be in the dark with someone than alone, isn't it? Nothing will happen anyway, right?

Before she answered the flashlight turned off, leaving them in absolute darkness.

"You can sleep here, I'll sleep on the couch" He added.

"No, you're supposed to rest. I'll sleep on the couch" She crossed her arms.

"It opens into a bed, I'll be fine. Goodnight Torres"