Chapter 7 : The safe haven

She opened her eyes, looking at the ornamented ceiling of the tent, birds chirping and the sunlight came in from the entrance of the tent. She slowly sat down, turned around looking for Ammar...

"Where am I, and where is he...?"

"You see, being the son of Koussaila, I have my own residence," his words echoed in her ears, she got up quickly, looked around and noticed Ammar's sword...

" It's his tent..." she whispered, "we're safe..." she smiled...

" Oh you woke up...Perfect...", the sound of the middle aged woman came in, which startled Lunja.

She handed her some new clothes, " My name is Tilila...Wife of the great Koussaila, my son brought you here..." she said...

Lunja nodded her head to her, took the clothes and replied " thank you...".

Tilila stood and looked at her for a moment, took some steps around the tent, "my son said that you saved his life...many times...".

" So did he..." Lunja replied while looking at Tilila who went back and forth, as if she was in an investigation.

" Change your clothes, we're waiting for you..." Tilila said and then left the tent.

Lunja looked at the Kaftan and then went on changing her clothes, it was a red amazigh Kaftan, with a belt and a white scarf.

A moment later, the voice of Ammar came in, " Lunja, are you ready?"

Lunja quickly put on her scarf then went in front of the entry of the tent, " Yes you may come in..."

Ammar pushed aside the tent flap and entered, halted suddenly, amazed by Lunja's beauty, "you look absolutely stunning..." Ammar exclaimed...

Lunja blashed, turned her sight trying to hide her shyness. Ammar pulls out a brand new red Idoukan, "Here," Ammar said softly, holding out the Idoukan to Lunja. "I thought you might like this."

The vibrant color attracted Lunja, her eyes widened in surprise as she reached out to accept the gift...

" I thought you would need new shoes, since we lost yours at the haunted forest," Ammar added...

Lunja nodded her head to him, as her fingers brushed against Ammar's in the process. Gratitude and warmth flooded her heart as she realized the thoughtfulness behind his gesture.

Suddenly feeling self-conscious under Lunja's intense gaze, Ammar cleared his throat and turned towards the entrance of the tent, grabbing the edge of his cloak.

" Thank you..." She whispered, Ammar halted as he heard her words, he turned and faced her, a smile drew on his face...

Lunja put on the shoes, " They are beautiful, and match the color of the Kaftan..."

Ammar nods his head, "Let's go...I am going to introduce you to my father..."

"Wait..." she insists, Ammar looks at her eyes, she seems scared, " What did you exactly tell them about us?" She asked.

Ammar gets closer to her, holds her hands, and looks at her mesmerizing eyes, he answers " I told them...that I broke the curse with the help of a beautiful woman, whom I will be honored to call my wife..."

Her eyes widened in surprise as she pulled her hands off his hands, embarrassed by his words, she looked the other way, avoiding his charming gaze...

To ease the tension, Ammar smiled and said " Let's go, but first you need to have breakfast." Ammar insists, as he goes towards the entrance of the