Ch 6. Trunk, Training and Teaching.

Harry's pov:

Hagrid droped me back home after our trip in Diagon Alley and was unsuprised to see the Dursleys car already back on the driver rang on the doorbell and got his pink umbrella out of his coat, to lean on. Uncle opened the door "oh you're back" he says opening the door to invite me in. "You can drop that attitude Dursley, you're to treat this boy with the respect he deserves from now on" Hagrid says whilst getting my Hogwarts letter from his coat pocket. "This has your instructions and your ticket Harry, so don't lose it. And don't forget the Malfoys will be round next week morning to pick yah up so you can finish of your shopping okay?"
"Thanks Hagrid!" I say beaming at him.
"These, Malfoys? Are like your kind?" Uncle asks.
"They are respected people who within five minutes were able to treat your nephew better than you've ever have" Hagrid says firmly, before patting me on the shoulder and walking off. "Oh and Mr Malfoy says he's able to remove Duddlys tail" he says over his shoulder. Uncle looks positively outraged before stepping aside to let me in.

"These, Malfoys, pay for your new outfit did they?" He asks "some family you told your sob story to I assume?"
"No my parents were just incredibly wealthy, all their money is stored in a giant vault guarded by a dragon under London in a bank hidden away, with the rest of a shopping street, away from all you muggles" I tell him, a hint of indifference in my voice. He scoffs like he doesn't believe it but doesn't pursue the matter.

I walk past him and go to my room. Once there I pull my shrunken trunk out of my dungereese pocket and expand it so it takes up the back wall. "Open" I hiss at it and the trunk lid opens up to reveal my school books all piled up neatly in a bookcase, Mr Malfoy was right, the trunk is self organising. I notice a handle at the top of the bookcase which I pull on, the book case is able to be lifted out of the trunk, I put it next to my trunk, facing the bed where it fits perfectly. Next I spin the dial and another compartment moves from the right, replacing the now empty library section.

The new section contains a sleeping Hedwig in her cage and a pedistool her cage sits on, but they appear to be hovering above a grassland area, complete with a lake and river, a Forrest and a sandy area by the river and lake. I can see my 3 other pets mingling around below There is a ladder leading Into the indoor garden, yet I also know I could put my hand in and grab whichever pet I wanted.

I take out Hedwig and her pedistool to reveal a box of owl care products and owl food. I place Hedwig next to the wardrobe and open my window and leave her cage door open, then I put her treats and care package on the floor next to her. There's also a few branches off from the pedistool her cage is on, which I assume are for her to sit on if she's bored of that one. The stool has a sort of litter tray all around the bottom rim anyway so it doesn't really matter where she sits.

Cautiously I reach into the trunk, focusing on Vort and I see my hand reach down into the grassland, I aim my hand at some part of Vort before I feel a tingling sensation up my arm, I see him slithering up my arm and feel and a light squeezing. I pull my arm out of the trunk to reveal Vort wrapped around it. "Hello Harry" he says.
"Hey Vort" I hiss back. He slithers onto my bed and I join him.
"What's it like in there?" I ask him.
"Luxurious" he replies happily "there is plenty of mice and other rodants to eat, only the one lizard though so it's easy not to get confused" he continues.

Suddenly there is a knock at the door. "This will be Interesting" I tell Vort, smiling.
"Come in!" I call out politely.
My cousin stumbles into the room and screams, unfortunately this triggers Vort who starts hissing in annoyance. "Relax, it's just my cousin, he doesn't have the best experience with snakes" I tell him and he calms down, not saying anything, he curls up at the edge if my bed, keeping an eye on Duddly.

"Calm down!" I tell Duddly over his screaming.
"I .. calm down! It... It's a Snake!" He screams, panting Thud! He faints with a loud bang just as Uncle Vernon arrives "is that a snake?" He asks, trying to stay calm.
"It's okay, I can speak snake so he's totally under control" I explain.
"Right, Patunia do you hear this? The boy speaks to snakes now! So he thinks its acceptable to buy a pet snake. Not with his money either, but with your sisters hard earned money, which really should have been going to us all these years, but no no, his lot keep his money secret from us and then let him buy whatever crazy things he likes! He's even brought a bloody pigeon and an entire library!" Uncle Vernon roars in upset hysterics. "Actually I believe it's an owl" is all Aunt Patunia has to say. " Uncle Vernon picks Duddly up and storms away screaming "Owls!"