Chapter Twelve

"So what are we watching tonight?"

We were in the elevator at Tartarus, on our way to Zeus's penthouse. Another movie date was on the calendar, and I was sure he had picked something scary since it was the season of spooks.

"You'll see," he laughed, squeezing my hand.

I couldn't stop staring at him. His faded jeans hugged him in all the right places, a white belt adding exactly the right amount of sexiness. A long sleeve, button up maroon shirt which fit him perfectly, accented his chest and shoulders. I wanted to reach out and stroke them, he looked so delicious! His hair was fixed in the normal, messy way I loved. Everything about him was magnificent, as always.

I frowned slightly as I examined myself in the reflective doors. I'd thought my jeans and pink tank top looked good when I got dressed, but now I looked downright awful.

"Don't even think it," Zeus said, stepping behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, and resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Think what?"

"You're beautiful and you know it." His reflection mirrored the smile he wore.

"I wasn't thinking about that," I lied.

"Yes, you were. I could tell from the look on your face."

"No I wa—wow!"

The elevator opened and I sucked in a breath, taking in his home. It was decorated in dark grays and blacks, with low lighting. The outside wall, opposite us, was wall to wall windows. The Strip glittered outside, and I suddenly realized the video feed in his office was from this window.

With hesitant steps I entered, marveling at the sunken living room. The gray suede couches looked incredibly inviting, but were outshined by the massive television which sat in front of them. The floor was mostly gray marble tile, except for black carpet under the sofas. On the walls, several pieces of black and white abstract art complimented it all nicely. Everything was immaculate, almost as if he were never here, which, come to think of, he wasn't. Between work, running errands, and spending time at my apartment, he had very little time left for being home. I think he'd avoided bringing me here due to the awkwardness of our first meeting. But since we were officially "a couple", he'd invited me to watch the movie at his place this time.

"This is amazing," I whispered, mostly to myself.

"It's not a whole lot, but I like it," he laughed.

"Not a whole lot? This is huge!" I stared at him in disbelief.

"You've been living in your tiny apartment too long." With a kiss on my forehead, he walked down into the living area, leaving me standing there speechless. He pulled a disc off the coffee table in the middle.

"Ready to be scared?" he teased in a menacing tone.

"Yup," I said, finding my voice and putting on a brave face. I actually scared very easily, but I wasn't about to admit it.

"Awesome!" The smile on his face was contagious. "Do you want some popcorn?"

"Uh, sure. I guess so." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You guess so?" He folded his arms in mock judgment. "There is no guessing in this relationship."

"It's just . . . everything is so clean!" I burst out. "I'm afraid to even move because I don't want to mess it up. Popcorn is messy!"

"Only if you throw it on the floor," he laughed, walking back to me. "I'm going to make some. Why don't you sit down?" He kissed my cheek and walked into the kitchen on the right, also decorated in a lighter shade of gray. A dining area furnished with a matching black dining set, was off to the side, complete with a fantastic view.