Acknowledgements

Producing this book has been a bit like giving birth... but with a gestation period of twenty years.  I owe many people thanks for helping it to come to life.  Clive Jarvis and Jenni Nagode were two of the first people to read and help with editing the story.  Cate and John Faulkes helped in making the beginning more palatable, too.  My wife and son have helped keep me going through the years of writing.  Great thanks are owed to Wendy Lake and Sandra Davis.  Without their hard work and valued input this book would not be here today.  I would also like to thank Ran Fiennes for helping breathe life into the story and for inspiring me to go walking in the first place.  Similarly, thanks should go to Lindsay Goode at Pilgrims Hospices for endorsing the whole project.  My father-in-law, Johann, provided vital financial backing to enable us to self-publish and my mother-in-law, Barbara, by providing delicious honey cake, has helped more than she could ever know.  Many other people have helped me on my journeys and all deserve thanks.  I would also like to thank my Dad, for his part in making me who I am.  As an end note I want to thank my Mum, to whom the book 'Beyond the Setting Sun' is dedicated.