11 - Kidnappers Say What?

Vampire Mates
11: Kidnappers Say What?

Rosemarie’s Point of View

As I was walking back to my apartment, I was trying to rack my brain to find anything about Xlinx. I had never come across the word before up until… well, up until today, when I had that odd dream about Cranelia.

I was so concentrated on trying to find out what they—Cranelia, Violet, and well… the door—had meant by the word ‘Xlinx’ that I wasn’t paying much attention to my surroundings. Was it a noun? Or an adjective or some sort? Like, ‘I’m a Xlinx’, or ‘I’m so Xlinx’?

So I didn’t really notice the two odd men that were in black sweaters, and had a black baseball cap pulled low down their faces, sneaking up to me.

But I sure did when they pressed the rag against me, and I fell into an abyss of darkness.

----

I opened my eyes, for the probably 100th time of the week, finding 2 guys looking worriedly at me.

“Eh, hi,” One said, standing up awkwardly. He had a light Spanish accent. The other scratched the back of his head nervously and I suddenly realize it was the people who had kidnapped (or whatever; obviously I do not know their intentions) me. My eyes widened in terror. What did they want from me? Did they want ransom money? Or did they want….

That, if you get my drift.

“Look,” He said, taking a step towards me. I physically flinched under his gaze. “I – we – just realized that um, we kind of kidnapped the wrong person. You looked like her… and I suppose we messed it up.”

“So,” He continued. “We were just going wait till you wake up and explain everything and then drive you back to… well, wherever.”

“Cool, so can I go now?” I replied while the inside of me were just about to explode with fury. How dare these people kidnap me then suddenly pop up and say Oh I’m so sorry, we got the wrong person, you can go now! I mean what the hell?

“Um,” He stammered. I raised an eyebrow expectantly. “You see, the boss is going to arrive soon, and they just want a glimpse of you, and maybe a chat. You – I mean the person that we’re supposed to catch – are supposed to be this hooker chick that is supposed to be interviewed by him.”

“So?” I said, urging him to continue his sentence.

“He’s just to see if you’re ‘his type’ and he’s going to leave, which gives us more time to find the girl he’s finding for.” The person with blond hair me piped up softly. What the heck is wrong with these two? They’re supposed to be big and burly and rough, and now here they are, whimpering, scared and speaking like a flipping baby.

“So, is that cool with you?” The other guy asked slowly.

“No it’s not!” I finally screamed. They look taken aback. “You don’t kidnap a girl, threaten her and tell her this… Load of shit! That’s… shit! You know, when you let me go, I am so going to rat you guys out and tell the cops, and then have you two busted, and then-then you’ll both spend your lives behind bars!”

“Look –” One began panicking.

“You can’t,” The other added. “Or… or we’ll kill you.” I slumped in my seat and squirmed.

“You promise that you will let me go after this interview thing?” I asked.

They stare at me before nodding. I sighed, “Fine, whatever. As long as I stay one piece and unharmed when I get back to my apartment.” The kidnapper nodded once again. I blew out a piece of hair in my face as my hands were tied back, behind the chair. The blond one stood up and gave me a grim nod. “I’m Tim”