15 - Just a game of Twister

15. Just a game of Twister

Rosemarie's Point of View

 "Okay, I am seriously bored," I sighed softly, laying my head on the back of the couch. Demetri had been gone and said he was getting something in the mall.

He was gone for half an hour.

Music was swelling out of the radio, whereas I was strumming on the half-broken guitar I found at the back of Demetri's closet earlier. All in all, it was pretty noisy but lonely.

The door jingled noisily and I looked up, seeing a grinning Demetri. I waved slightly, the edges or my lips curling up into a small petite smile.

"You're finally back," I said, sighing as I laid the poor guitar aside. "It was boring."

"So your saying I make good company," He smirked, sitting down on the floor next to me. I rolled my eyes at his cockiness.

"I guess you could put it that way, with that noisy bickering mouth of yours," and also sexy and gorgeous. I mentally scolded myself. 'Naughty, naughty, Rose'.

"I'll take that as a compliment," He holds up a plastic bag and laid it on the table. "And you'll take this as a source of entertainment." He patted it. "Open it."

I raised an eyebrow but didn't complain. I pulled the plastic bag away and gasped. "Twister!" I squealed in delight. "How did you know?"

"I heard from Lily you loved gymnastics, and figured this was the game nearest to that, and it won't break my bones," Demetri scratched his slight stubble on his chin. "It was on sale anyways."

"Can we play?" I asked giddyly, like a boy at a candy shop, asking for lollipops. Demetri shrugged, resembling an 'OK'.

"Let's start then," I said as I lifted up the cover of the box.

-

"Okay, now spin on the Twister spinner," After explaining to Demetri about the rules of this simple game, we began. That took about 45 minutes, seeing Demetri was totally a slow learner - he kept saying he wasn't, which he is, since he took so long just for learning how to play Twister.

Since we didn't have a referee, we decided the only thing to do was to spin it ourselves. We were opposite each other, our feet on the blue and yellow circles (a/n: or something. I havn't played it in ages). 

"Um, left hand on a red circle," Demetri said. He leant in foward the same time I did, causing our head to bang on each other.

Even though it hurted like hell, I couldn't help but felt sparks igniting through me. I looked up and saw him touching the red circle next to mine. I frowned. Had he not felt the sparks?

I'm delusional, that's for sure.

"Right leg on blue." He stupidly reached to put his feet two steps from where my right leg was, on the blue spot. I couln'dt reach anywhere else, but to move it to in front of him, on step forwards from my original spot.

Our faces were inches apart now, and I could feel his hot breath fanning on my cheeks, and his legs pressed against my thigh. My breathing pacened, and I looked up just as he did, my left hand was wobbly, seeing all my weight was on it. (Just imagine. Ow)

I gasped as my hand slipped, pushing his hand out of the way, and making both of us stumble. His feet tripped mine, my hand clasped on him by surprise and our bodies clashing into each other's, rolling on the floor.

My eyes stared at his beautiul ones, and my hands turning into jelly, pressed onto his chest for balance.

He was on top of me.

Demetri's POV

I had let my unsatisfied hormones take over me, lust and desire over my love for my one and only mate, Lily.

My eyes trailed down to Rose's lips, and her eyes were roaming freely on my face. I leant in slowly, giving her a chance to push me away.

Oddly, I didn't want her to.

I pressed my lips on her's and her head loosened, falling on the carpet. I was hugging her by her waist and her hands were straddling me around my neck.

Stop! I wanted to yell, but couldn't pull myself to it. I wanted to stop for the sake of Lily, for the sake of being a good friend, for the sake of not hurting my poor Lily. But I didn't.

I felt guilt; I felt good. I felt sick; I felt free. I was confused. Rose suddenly stopped and whimpered.

"I can't," She whispered, before pushing me off her, and running out of the apartment.

Well, at least it's sorted.

Rosemarie's POV

I was betraying my own friend. I hurted her. I stole her man.

I saw stuck between the options of either hurting or protecting my friend. To satisfy myself or to satisfy another.

And I did the most selfish one; I chose to kis him back and not push him off. I was disgusting.

I stared dully back at the reflection in the mirror. I can't believe I did that. Not just I hurt my best friend through thik and thin, I also cheated on Bryan.

I am a cheater.

I shook silently, droplets of tears slipping down on my cheeks, myy nose puffy. I had snuck in Bryan's room - he has a key in his old shoe by the door -  and am currently feeding myself in the toilet with a tub of almost expiring ice-cream from Baskin Robin.

I shouldn't had slipped. I shouldn't had led Demetri on to the idea of kissing me was acceptable when I had a boyfriend.

I'm so pathetic. I'm like a slut. No offense, but I'm like Dana.

I sniffled siletly before getting out of the damn claustrophobic bathroom, into Bryan's bachelor pad, that was simple and tidy. I threw the finished tub away, and slammed my fist on the wall in frustration.

I have to move on from this stupid high-school crush! I can't keep on doing this!

And I'm going to find a way how.