29 - Don't Say Goodbye

Vampire Mates
30: Don’t Say Goodbye

Narrative Point of View

Rosemarie Smith moved cautiously, her feet softly shuffling towards the shining bright light at the end of the tunnel. She bit her lip nervously, and then she continued to walk towards the stream of bright light.

When she got closer to the light, the world shifted. The once dimly lighted room glowed with the colors of the rainbow. Rose shied her eyes away from the glaring light, but her grey eyes blinked hesitantly, slowly adjusting to the bright light.

Then she winced as she saw where she was.

This must be the 12-year-old girl’s dream that Enoch was talking of. Rose admit, she might’ve had a dream like this before, but to come back to such a happy and cheerful dream, Rose felt like someone was trying to rub it in her face that her once happy life was no longer so because of one certain boy.

Or should I say, vampire?

Or, even better, prince and soon-to-be king.

A little girl with two blond and preppy pigtails was sitting in a pool of red, somehow thorn-less roses and pink tulips and poppies. More than two rainbows decorated the abnormally blue sky with clouds of different shapes and sizes.

Rose snorted at the sight as the girl rode on a pony – or was it a unicorn? – as she chased after a butterfly. If Rose was to have a dream like this now, she could probably name out all of the things wrong/illogical in this stupid dream.

For example, the red roses; well, dear girl, you’re going to have a tough time realizing that roses have pricks and they will hurt you.

Oh, and that butterfly? Well, Rose was no scientist, but she’d like to believe that it was safe to claim that the butterfly was probably harmful, judging on the colorful splotches of green, red, pink, purple, yellow, and blue.

“Remember to make it bad,” Enoch’s hushed whispered travelled into Rose’s ears, reminding her that the reason she was here was to be bad.

Rose bit her lip. A snarky smile then formed on her lips, and a glint of evil glimmered in her grey eyes.

Bad, you say? Where to start?

---

Not even 10 minutes later, the little girl’s dream-world had already been destroyed, and was in utter chaos.

The once pretty and fluffy clouds were now images of grey smudges of what seemed like demons. They were scattering rain all over the now dark and dull field of grass, and some were sending bolts of lightning.

The girl who once had a big smile on her face, and had been riding on a unicorn/pony hybrid with rosy cheeks was now screaming in terror as she ran away from the stampede of scary monsters that Rose had created to haunt the girl for the rest of her life. As sadistic as it was, Rose was enjoying the way that the little girl was crying like crazy for her mommy and daddy while her little feet ran as fast as possible, away from the monsters.

On the other side of the field, 3 good Xlinx – 2 boys, 1 girl – were dressed in white robes. They all scowling at the mess Rose had made. One of them stood firm on the ground as he tried to summon enough energy to make the sky brighter. But the demonic clouds that Rose had created boomed and crackled, shooting down a bright lightning, almost burning the Xlinx into ashes.

“Goodness Xlinxes,” The male hissed as he eyed the hole formed by the lightning. “This person must go down. He’s ruining everything.”

The girl placed a hand on his shoulder, “Come, let us join forces, and defeat whoever this is.”