Prologue

*GIF ABOVE IS RYDER, AKA DYLAN O' BRIEN*

Prologue:

The monorail was being loaded, but there were only 3 people, teens to be exact. They stood there, eyes diverted in every direction, waiting anxiously. The youngest of the three looked up, inspecting the 2 older teens in front of her, she spoke softly,"What are you guys here for?"

The one boy out of the three looked at her, his eyes gentle, no expression on his face, "I'm here to train the herbivores, you?", referring to the youngest girl.

She stuttered a bit, looking down at the ground, playing with the hem of her dress which the bottom was a light pink, and the top was a thick striped gray and white. She wore brown oxford shoes, brown rimmed glasses, her black ombréd hair up in a ponytail, she had a brown leather bag, which sat between her left collarbone, and shoulder. In her ears were large glistening white pearls, a white watch set on her right wrist, and a ring resting on her left ring finger.  Over all, her outfit was sophisticated, and well thought out the night before.

" I-I'm gonna be a geneticist"

The teen boy's outfit contrasted, he had on a dark gray shirt with a maroon pocket on the left side of his chest, he wore dark blue jeans that were wrinkled up a bit. He wore red vans that had black laces, he had a black dog collar hanging from his neck, it must have been someone who meant alot to him. His watch on his right wrist was silver and sophisticated, he had a black backpack with a Chuck Taylor symbol on the right side of the pocket.

The oldest of the three stood in the corner and scoffed, "Aren't you a little young to be a Geneticist?" The boy turned his face to look at hers, "And what are you going to be?"

She stepped closer to where they could see her, "I'm gonna be the youngest member of the Asset Containment Unit, aka security, by the way, the names Teagan." 

Teagan wore a white tank top that exposing her fit midriff, paired with a light gray hoodie attached to a leather vest. The fifteen year old matched it with a pair of army green skinny jeans, that had lower pockets on the sides, and a shiny black pair of doc martins.  She sported a dragon earring which wrapped around her ear, and connected to the back, a backpack covered with macrame skulls sat on her right shoulder. Even though it was dark in the monorail, she kept on the shiny bronze aviators, her necklace had a silver bow with an arrow on it, her bracelet had bronze studs on black leather. Her natural wavy brown hair fell upon her shoulders, going down to the middle of her back, not acknowledging where it landed, or how it looked. Overall she threw it together that morning and didn't care what people thought about her, or her outfit. 

The young geneticist looked her up and down, "Aren't you a little young to be a member of the ACU?".

"Aren't you a little young to be here without your parents?" The eldest snapped back with a sneer.

"Actually my dad works here...", the aspiring scientist looked down in embarrassment, cheeks red and eyes glossy.

Teagan sighed, "well we got off on a bad boat, but what's your name Rookie?" She looked back up, her expression with a slight smile, "I'm Maleena." Teagan sat down in one of the many chairs, she perched her feet upwards.

"What about you hotshot?", She looked up at the young trainee, "Oh, Uh, I'm Ryder.", the boy replied.  Ryder sat down, and they all stared at each other, it was completely silent, until the monorail stopped, they looked at the door. The door started to open and everyone got up and stepped off, they turned to look at each other. As they stepped off the youngest girl tripped on the gap between the monorail and the exit, dropping all of her things.

She swore under her breath, all the papers in the box went flying around the three. The boy immediately went down and started to help pick things up. "Falling for me already, rookie?" The boy asked. Teagan bent down, helping to pick up the papers "No, No, No, thats my nickname for her! Come up with another one!" The girl immediately turned red again in embarrassment of her clumsiness.

"Fine," He put his hand out for her to grab, once she grabbed it he said, "Lets go Squints" "Please tell me that wasn't a racist joke." She looked at him quizzically, squinting underneath her coke bottle glasses unknowingly. The eldest smiled, "Nah its not racist, my Asian friend." She smiled at the girl when she said friend, not really understanding, never having a real friend before.

"Well lets go Rookie." They put all the science papers back in her box, they looked up, 3 people stood there, each holding a sign with their names on them. They looked at each other knowing this is where their trip together ended, Ryder smiled, "Well it was nice to meet you two, maybe we'll meet again."

Maleena nodded, "Maybe so." Teagan put her 2 fingers to her head,  jokingly saluting them with a wink, she then smiled and walked away from the two, over to the man holding the sign. Ryder smiled at Maleena, causing a slight blush to come to her cheeks, he then walked over to the other man. Maleena held onto her box with tight hands, and started to walk over to the man holding her sign.

All 3 of the aspiring teens knew, this was the beginning of something bigger than they could ever dream.