A/N

Tumblr post I wanted to share with you fellow writers out there.

Imagine you have a coworker who likes to bake. Every week, they bring in a batch of delicious, homemade rockets cookies and leave them in the break room.

Next to the plate of cookies is a sign, "If you like my cookies, could you please just leave me a note and tell me what you like about them? The more feedback you leave about what you like, the more incentive I have to bake."

A hundred coworkers walk by and take a cookie. One person leaves a note. "Great cookies! Bake some more soon!"

The next week, once again there are cookies in the break room with the same sign. Once again a hundred people take a cookie and only one person leaves a note. "Nice! More soon!"

Week Three- Once again, a hundred people take a cookie. No one leaves a note.

Week Four- One hundred people take a cookie. No note.

Week Five- There are no cookies. Someone leaves a note. "Where are the cookies? I loved them. Please, please bake some cookies."

Week Six- There are no cookies. Ten people leave notes. "I miss your cookies. They were my favorites. I loved the chocolate chips. My friend really liked the way you had almonds in the cranberry ones."

Week Seven- Motivated by the wonderful notes, the baking coworker stays up late to bake the best batch of cookies they have ever made. That week, a hundred people take a cookie. No one leaves a note.

The co-worker gives up baking for their colleagues.
----------------------
Please, if you like the fan fiction that you are reading, let your authors know. Stories are abandoned for a myriad of reasons, but it is very, very hard to stay motivated when you receive no positive feedback.
If there is a story that you like, whether it is a completed one or a work in progress, please leave an up-lifting comment or review. By doing so, you're providing that writer with motivation to spend their time and energy creating more stories for you.