Chapter 2

*GIF ABOVE IS TEAGAN LOGANS aka Marie Avgeropoulos*

Chapter 2:

MALEENA'S POV

I felt a vibration in my pocket and my ringtone went off. My hand immediately went for my pocket and I pulled out my phone. I answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" It was Claire, her voice strained, "Maleena. where are you?!" I started to wonder about what was going on, "In the Valley, why?" Claire's breathing slowed down, "Good, good. I need you.", a look of confusion flashed across my face, "What for? Is everything okay?"

Ryder looked back at me, ignoring the dinosaur, "What's going on?" I looked at him, and put my finger over my mouth, "The Indominus is out, and right near the valley.I need you to find the boys and get them. They never made it back to the gyrosphere station." "I thought Teagan was with them?", I got more worried by the second.

Silence came from Claire's end of the line. "DAMMIT CLAIRE, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?", I didn't care if was yelling at my superior. Or if I swore. The Indominus was dangerous. This wasn't going to end well.

Claire's voice was shaky until she finally said, "Maleena, she didn't make it. I'm so sorry.". Confusion and anger ran through my head all at once. It couldn't be possible. I replied to Claire, "I'll find the boys. You stay safe." I hung up and dropped the phone. I couldn't cry. I couldn't do much of anything. I just stood there in shock, trying to register the information that was given to me.

"Okay Ryder, here's the plan, We rescue the boys and then go to the south side of the island. In and out and no one gets hurt. Or left behind.", I grabbed the keys out of his pocket and started heading towards the quad.

He quickly caught up to me and grabbed me by the arm, "Hey, is everything okay? What's going on. I've never seen you like this." He actually looked concerned. I pulled my hand away angrily, "NO, NOTHING IS OKAY. FIRST I WAS HARASSED BY SOME SOME BOZO, THEN I GET KICKED OFF OF THE PROJECT OF THE YEAR. AND THIS THING, I CAN'T EVEN CALL IT A DINOSAUR ESCAPED, AND NO MY ONLY FRIEND IS DEAD. HOW IS ANY OF THAT OKAY?", my voice cracked and I swear, I was going to fall apart right there.

He said nothing, instead he talked with the way he moved. I felt his warm hands on my waist, he pulled me in closely, his brown eyes looking in mine. He moved in closer, he spoke softly, "You talk too much." He kept his eyes on me, then looked down at my lips, I grabbed the back of his neck, and pulled him in closer . Our lips only inches apart, I could feel his warm breath tickling my lips at the touch, I started to close my eyes, our lips touching slightly.

we then pulled apart when the sound of a blood curdling roar resonated through the valley, ripping us apart. We turned to look where the loud sound came from, I saw her, the indominus. Her large, pale body, rustling through the trees. I looked at Ryder, who was about to run towards the quad, I shook my head.

"She'll hear it! We have a better chance at running.", he nodded and we started running in the same direction. Boy, we really had a death wish. "I'm not letting you out of my sight, you here me?". I looked back at him and intertwined our hands. "You couldn't even if you tried."

We reached the entrance to the forest. I looked at the ground and saw a flat smooth path. The boys must have gone in this direction. I walked a little farther and saw the path. Suddenly I heard the cracking of glass and two boys screaming. Yup we found them. Me and Ryder ran towards the sound. I almost started running closer until I saw the Indominus. I quickly grabbed Ryder's hand and pulled him behind the tree.

"What are you doing?" He asked confused, I put my hand over his mouth and gave him a look. I pointed with my other hand towards the Indominus. I waited for the chance until I saw the ankylosaurs fighting with the Hybrid. I took my chance, I ran towards the gyrosphere and tried to get to the boys. Shit, the glass. I couldn't open it.