11. A declaration

When my vision eventually focuses on the ceiling above me, I feel my brows furrow in confusion as I try and work out where the hell I am? I prop myself up on my elbows and blow a strand of my mussed up hair out of my face, oh so elves get hangovers too...lovely!

I groan and fall back on Oliel's bed and pull a woollen blanket over my head so I don't have to experience the spinning motion of the walls. Unfortunately my memory is crystal clear; I remember everything and my tummy starts to get all twisted and fluttery again. Good grief I am worse than a giddy school girl. Composure Clara, remember you are an adult elleth of grace and elegance...oh who am I kidding! I grin unashamedly and feel a fit of delighted laughter escape my lips as I lift my fingers up to trace them, letting the memories linger. I close my eyes and sigh contentedly but just as I get to the good part of my daydream the door knocks loudly and jump bolt upright in the bed.

"Uh who is it?" I croak, ugh my throat it hurts and I am parched, I could drink a river dry and still be thirsty.

There is no answer just another soft but impatient knock, I scowl at the door and absently wonder if this is one of Oliel's tricks to get me out of bed, considering she is not beside me, I hate morning people! Another knock only slightly louder this time, has me cursing and wriggling my way out of the bed sheets;

"Alright I am coming, seriously Ollie if this is some kind of joke I am gonna cheerfully choke you! Have you no sympathy for the poorly?" I whinge as I stagger to the door and haul it open; "And if you even think this is funny I swear I-"

The sensation of chapped but warm lips on mine silences me, the shock of it renders me completely speechless and without the ability to do anything but partially breathe - you know what, strike that I cannot even do that. I am dreaming, I have to still be dreaming? There is no way Thranduil has decided to be my morning wake up call, but evidently he has;

"Good morning," he murmurs happily in my ear, as I suddenly regain consciousness and realise I am standing in the rumpled and wrinkled remains of last night's dress, with birds nest hair and morning breath. Post-alcohol-induced-coma morning breath at that, I am vile and he is not! Smugly standing there with his smoothed hair scraped back and casual clothes, oh I know these clothes, last time he wore these clothes we went into the woods! Well now it is a good morning!

"Morning," I reply shyly as I attempt to divert my mouth so as not to breathe toxic fumes all over him; "Um, what are you doing?"

"Keeping my promise," is his simple reply.

I clear my throat and give him a baffled look; "That is great but um...could you maybe just give me a moment please."

"Why?"

"Just stand there, don't move, just stay," I command and make staying gestures with my hands, he gives me a baffled look as I back up and gently begin easing the door closed; "Just do as your told and stay. I promise your patience will be rewarded."

Thranduil is about to open his mouth and protest but he is a little too slow, I get the door shut and the key turned, before I bite my lip and melt into a gooey mess. I let out a bizarre sounding delighted squeak, and rest my forehead on the door - he kept his promise!

"Clara?" Thranduil's voice is very confused and sounds very close to the door; "What are you doing?"

Drowning in the memory of your eyes and swooning at the very sound of your voice;

"Um...making myself presentable!"

Is what I reply with as I peel myself from the door and start faffing about the room looking for something to wear, or wash myself with, or anything that will make me appear more normal looking!