Parole and Babies

CHAPTER 2

(LILLIAN'S P.O.V.)

"No, this can't be happening," I say as I watch the news in horror.

"What's the matter Lil?" Spike asks from the kitchen.

"Cole Palmer got parole," I tell him turning off the T.V.

"What?" He asks in disbelief.

"Yeah, they let him out after he attempted murder," I say as a sleeping Lew snuggles closer to me.

"Why would they let him out?" Spike asks as he hands me a cup of coffee.

"I don't know. What if he comes after us, after Lew?" I ask worry flooding me.

"Hey, calm down. That's not going to happen," he replies kissing my forehead.

"Sorry, I just worry," I say leaning my head on his shoulder.

"That's your job as a mother,to worry. If you didn't then we'd have issues," he says his voice serious, but face...not so much. We erupt in laughter, and Lew shifts. We freeze hoping we didn't wake him.

"I'll carry him to bed," Spike says picking him up.

"Okay, I'll be up in a bit," I reply wanting to finish my coffee. I sit drinking my coffee, thinking about Cole Palmer. Why did they let him out? He doesn't deserve it. I sigh as I place my cup in the sink. I go upstairs, and fall into a worrisome sleep. I woke up the next morning with a wave of pain.

"Spike," I say reaching for him, but he's not there.

"Spike!" I yell hoping he's in the house.

"What's wrong?" He asks coming up the stairs.

"We need to go to the hospital," I say putting my feet over the edge of the bed.

"Oh god! Okay, I'll call Jules on the way there," he says helping me down the stairs. He gets me in his truck, and buckles Lew in.

"What's wong mommy?" Lew asks, tears in his eyes.

"Hey, don't cry. It's just time for your sister to be born," I say looking at him, trying to stay calm. Sam, Jules, and Sadie met us at the hospital and they watch Lew. We go into the delivery room, and before I know it the baby's here.

"Lil, can I name her?" Spike asks. We've talked about it before, but never made a decision.

"Yeah," I say as I hold our little girl.

"Jenny," he says brushing the hair out of my face. I smile at him.

"It's perfect," I reply handing her to Spike. He them goes to show off our daughter to the others.