Chapter 5

(LILLIAN'S P.O.V.)

I walked into the bank and waited in line. I got off work early, and was going to cash my check. It all seemed pretty normal until shots rang out throigh the building.

"Everybody down!" A voice yelled and we all dropped to the floor. I started looking for my phone then realized it was in my car.

"Ah, there you are Lillian," the voice says yanking me up by my hair. I winced as he held the gun to my head.

"You better keep a close eye on your family. Something might happen to them," he says before shoving me to the ground, leaving out a back window. Then the SRU showed up. I hit the floor with a thud and layed there.

"Is anyone hurt?" A faint voice asked. There was a reply but I couldn't hear it. Blackness was eating at the corners of my vision as a pair of black boots walked over.

"We need EMS," a man shouts making me wince. I felt a pair of arms lifing me up.

"Lil?" They asks and I grunt in pain. They quicken their pace.

"Spike," I whisper as I'm layed on a stretcher, the blackness leaving my vision.

"Who?" The medic asks.

"Spike," I say in a panic and sitting up, and quickly become light headed.

"Lil, oh my god!" Spike exclaims. I embrace him in a hug.

"Excuse me sir, who are you?" The medic asks.

"Her husband," Spike replies as I sit up.

"He threatened you," I say, tears briming my eyes. Then I think about Lew and Jenny.

"He might go after the kids," I say trying to get up.

"Calm down, it'll be okay. I won't let that happen," Spike says reassuring me. I get examined, then head home to my kids.