Chapter 40~ hopeless

Chapter 40~ Hopeless

2 weeks... It's been 2 weeks since Mason's been in a coma. He hasn't shown any response to the tests Dr. Reynolds making things more difficult. I can tell its driving everyone crazy.

He's been working his ass off even though I've told him to take a break for a few days or something. He doesn't want to give up.

Evan's been working hard too trying to find any signs of Anna or the witch whose name I still don't know.

I've tried to get him to sleep and relax but it's useless. He wakes up within an hour and goes back to work, I think he's working hard to distract himself from overthinking and going crazy about what's happening with Anna.

He has yet to snap and I'm worried for when he does.

Xavier and the pack are still around. Alpha Derek and Alpha Logans are helping Evan with everything as much as they can. Everyone is just working hard and here I am...

Sitting in a chair doing nothing but watching my mate on his death bed.

I shivered closing my eyes, I hate it. 'Death bed' he can't die....

He can't.

I hugged myself leaning on the bed reading my book out loud hoping Mason could hear... Or I'm just trying to distract myself as well.

I looked back at him sighing and put my hand on his chest, "I wish you can show me a sign that you're still in there" I whispered. He sighed deeply and I froze as he leaned into my touch making me sit up quickly.

"Mason?" I whispered cupping his cheek, he laid there in silence and I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Maybe I was just seeing things" I mumbled to myself shaking my head sitting there. I looked back at my book seeing my vision blurred. I sniffled blinking feeling the tears roll down my cheeks.

I covered my face sobbing loudly and put my head on his chest "wake up. Please" I cried in his shirt..

****
I stood in the kitchen cutting up some fruit and looked at Aarlik standing in the doorway as usual.

"Do you want some?" I asked making him look at me "I'm fine Luna" he smiled. "I told you to call me Jordyn" I sighed and he chuckled "sorry... Jordyn" he said making me smile.

I looked down at the bowl of fruit and heard someone walk in. "What's up chicken Butt?" Xavier said making me snort, "making fruit salad"

"Again? What happened to real food?"

"This is real food"

"You know what I mean. You've been eating small servings of fruit for the past 2 weeks" he said leaning against the counter stealing a strawberry. "I just haven't been that hungry... I can't eat" I said shrugging, "still no sign of him?" He asked and I bit my lip.

"I think he moved today... I don't know if I was imagining things but ... I was cupping his cheek and he actually leaned into my touch" I said looking at him. "That's good!" He smiled brightly and I bit my lip "I feel like I was dreaming it though"

"Maybe you weren't. Where is your faith? He could be responding now and your making up excuses to believe he's not?" He said making me sigh.

I felt something hot go down my spine making me frown. "It's not much but it's a start right?" He smiled as my entire body burned making me tense.

I dropped the knife on the floor touching my neck as I felt like I was being choked all of a sudden. "Jordyn?" Xavier said wide eyed, I gasped for air falling on my knees feeling my lungs burning from the lack of air.