Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Try not to move" Macy's voice didn't seem to affect him as he let out a second groan from the pain. It echoed through her empty kitchen.

"Easier said than done" Andy said through clenched teeth, letting out a quitter groan. The pain he was feeling now couldn't compare to what he felt before and because of that he made an attempt to calm down. Macy took advantage of this calmer estate to apply the bandage over the wound on his stomach. He flinched as her hands slowly hovered on top of his naked skin.

The blood from before had stained his shirt but luckily it had not come from any large enough injury, in fact it surprised Macy that the only source it could have come from was his nose and mouth. Knowing that, she realized that Andy was in no actual danger of dying. She had been so naive not to listen to him earlier on.

Relief washed through her face as she finished bandaging the scratch on his forehead. His fringe was damp from the sweat he had been producing and she didn't blame him, Macy had been worried that calling the hospital would have been the only solution and then her mom would have gotten involved. That was the last thing she needed.

"Thank you" he spoke softly, buttoning his shirt back up. Having seen his tanned chest hadn't bothered Macy at all, and she's still trying to figure out why it didn't. Any other girl would have overreacted and messed up on the job due to nerves. But Macy wasn't any other girl.

"It's the least I could do" she said, looking away. She seemed to be more overwhelmed by his gaze. Macy was about to get up to put away the materials until his voice stopped her.

"What about you?" he asked, rashness in his voice, "He didn't do anything else besides the bite right?"

She had almost forgotten about the sudden bite Zayn had given her and she's still wondering why. She felt a bit relieved that he was referring to it as a bit mark and not a kiss. Why had he even given it to her?

"To screw around" she flinched as he answered her inner question, "He does that to people, especially girls"

There was a sudden silence and the only sound that could be heard was the clank effect the counter top made when Macy placed the first aid kit away.

"Don't tell me you live alone" Andy's sudden cold voice was what disturbed the silence. Macy turned to look at his frown.

"No" she said sitting down on the stool in front of him with a cup, "Here drink this, it should help with the pain on your stomach" she handed him the glass of water and Tylenol pill. He looked at her and then at the drink.

"Thanks" he drank the pill down, "then where are your parents?" he raised an eyebrow.

"My mom works at the Red Cross Hospital and she usually comes home late so I'm basically alone at this time" she placed the empty cup in the sink and took out her phone. Andy took note that she didn't mention her father's absence. He didn't want to pry so instead he focused on a more important matter.

"So what you're saying is that you are alone everyday afterschool" he stared into Macy's soft eyes, "You're alone to the extent that anyone could easily come to you"

It wasn't a question but Macy still nodded. The way he placed her situation in, made it seem as if just anyone could do harm while she was alone in her own home.

"I guess" she shrugged, looking down at her phone again, "We have home security, since I'm left alone most of the time"

Macy was waiting for his supposed message. She felt anxious and nervous, not really sure why she kept checking her phone even if she didn't want the date. Andy caught on to her behavior, he looked at her and then at the device she was holding. He frowned, knowing the reason behind it and not liking that reason one bit.