Chapter 3

Trailer in Prologue by @BekkaChaos, please watch before reading (;

This is also unedited :/

Chapter 3

           “Thanks for the ride Alice.” Macy closed the door to Alice’s’ silver Honda Accord. That car was her early graduation present and she was on surveillance 24/7.

          “Hey!” Alice called after remembering something, “Since your mom’s still out, do you want to come over and watch a movie?”

           “I can’t.” Macy didn’t want to tell Alice that she had a date with a stranger but she also didn’t want to lie to her.

          “Alright, but don’t blow me off next time.” she smiled before driving out of Macy’s street. It wasn’t cold outside but the wind was still at a soft roar, blowing Macy’s hair in the process. She sighed, running a hand through her hair and stepping inside her house’s familiar warmth.

           Macy wasn’t expecting a sound to come out of her house because she knew that her mother was working and besides her, there was nobody else. She locked the door and headed towards the kitchen in search of a snack and once she found left over chicken salad, she headed upstairs to her room. The stairs were always much louder when the house was empty; everything was always much louder when she was alone. She set her school bag on her bedroom floor and sat down on her bed with her laptop and salad in each hand.

            By the time that her salad was finished and Facebook bored her, she finally gained the courage to look at the time. Her heart beat sped up knowing that she had an hour before it would be 6:00 pm. She removed her 11 inch laptop from her lap and let her body fall backwards in a plump. She could even hear her neighbors’ breathing with the quietness in the house but Macy was used to it all.

            She was 13 when Madison Green, Macy’s mother, received a job offer at the Red Cross Hospital and because her mother majored in all the medical fields, in was no use declining the offer. Ever since then, Macy has been spending afternoons alone in silence.

            Her phone began to ring causing her to jump due to the silence. She sat up and followed the sound all the way to her school bag; she hadn’t even noticed that it had been there ever since school hours. She slid the answer feature and placed it over her right ear, not checking on who it was.

“Hello?” she answered. There was no sound from the other end and it confused her, “Hello? Is somebody there?”

Nothing could be heard and the possibility of it being Zayn, crossed Macy’s mind. It was probably him since he had called earlier on but something was of about the call. There was a fuzzy sound on the other end, the kind of sound you get when you’re crinkling paper. It could also be a prank call, she didn't receive does that often but it could still be a possibility.

"Hilarious, now who is this?" she was beginning to get annoyed and a little frightened, but what had come next, shook up her whole body. There was laughter, a deep laugh that sounded almost with amusement. It only lasted a few seconds before hanging up, leaving the line dead.

Macy removed the phone from her ear and looked into her past calls in search of the number or ID from that person. When she found the most recent call it said that the number was unknown, meaning that she really couldn't call or message it.

The laughter replayed inside her head. It could have been anyone but Zayn was the first suspect. Macy received a text from Zayn as If on cue. She opened the message and read it, a small frown on her lips. She through the black device onto her bed, making it bounce untilled it rested and stood up.

"I am not going to wear something sexy!" she screamed as if he was going to hear and then stormed into her closet.

~•~•~•~•~

It would be any minute or second until he would call, and it crossed Macy's mind if there was a possibility to him already having the knowledge of her address. She also took into consideration that there could be no way that he already knew where she lived, but Macy didn’t know a single thing about him besides his name and appearance. A name was only a label and his appearance could tell a whole other story than his real self.And there was still the phone call that didn't want to set Macy's thoughts into defense.