Dating the Son of Zeus *13*

I woke up the next morning to find myself alone in my bed. Blinking quickly a few times I took in my surroundings. The balcony door was wide open, letting in not only the early morning rays of the sun but also a soft  gentle breeze. Looking down where Sophia had been the night before I saw she was no longer there. Sitting up quickly I walked towards my bathroom door. Stopping short I lightly tapped on it, waiting for a response.

"Sophia?" I asked.

Getting no response I turned back to look at my bed, wondering where she could have gone. A breeze blew through the room and wafted the scent of bacon and eggs past me. Walking out of my room and down stairs I stopped. There she was in the kitchen, standing over the stove frying bacon. A smile spread across my face as I approached her.  I watched her as she stared intently down at the food she was cooking. A small smile was on her lips and I could faintly hear her humming over the constant popping of the bacon. She seemed so at ease and it made me happy to see her so content. Hearing me behind her she turned.

"Morning," she said giving me a smile.

"Good morning," I said. I watched as she turned back to the stove. She was still wearing my baggy clothes that I had given her. Her hair was up in a messy bun and at closer inspection I saw she had thrown on a pair of my socks as well, which were also too big for her. Holding back my laughter I said, "You seem to be up early.'

"Yeah, well I'm used to getting up early at the orphanage. I help make breakfast every morning."

Walking up and standing next to her I took in everything she had made. There was bacon in the frying pan in front of her, along with a skillet with scrambled eggs. The stove dinged and I watched as she bent down and pulled a pan of warm biscuits out. I couldn't help but smile at her. Here she was making breakfast for the four of us. I bet she had no idea that she was the first person to use this kitchen for something other than getting water. "You know you didn't have to do this right?" I asked.

"Of course I did. After everything you guys did for me last night it really is the least I can do." she said not making eye contact. I was about to argue but she silenced me with a shake of her head. "I've just about got everything ready. Why don't you go wake everyone else up."

Nodding once I turned and left the kitchen. Walking up the steps I stopped when I came to Perseus' room. I didn't bother knocking, instead I opened the door to find him asleep. He was sprawled out on his bed, covers and pillows everywhere. Walking up next to him, I found the newest issue of Cosmo magazine on the floor. I rolled my eyes. Me and Leonidas were really going to have to work on getting him away from that sort of thing. I reached down and shook him awake.

"Perseus," I whispered.

"Huh? What? What's going on?" he asked groggily as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Get up. Breakfast is down stairs. Get dressed."

I turned and walked from the room, waking Leonidas the same way I did Perseus. When I came to Penelope's door I stopped and knocked. I didn't get an immediate response so I knocked again. When I still didn't hear anything I opened the door slightly. "Penelope." I said. I opened the door fully to see her lying peacefully asleep. I walked up to her and paused. She was my best friend. I was close to Perseus and Leonidas but not in the same way I was with Penelope. We had always been close. As far back as I could remember she'd always known when something was wrong with me and vice versa. Anytime I had problems with my father she was who I went to. Whether it be that she had inherited it from her mother or not, her wisdom and advice always seemed to help me. She was also the one girl out of all of us guys, and I seemed to forget that. Looking at her now I saw her dark hair flowing around her, off set by her milky white skin. She truly was beautiful. Any guy would be lucky to have her.  And although she would never truly admit it, I knew she had a soft spot for Perseus. I don't know how many times I had caught her staring at him when she was sure none of us were looking. Or how she would blush when he was close. The one thing she didn't know was that Perseus felt the same way. I shook my head, they were both just too stubborn to admit it to anyone, let alone each other. Reaching down I gently shook her shoulder.