Chapter One

Lillie’s POV:

My eyes flutter open as I hear a constant beeping in my ear. “Where am I?” I mumbled to myself, not expecting a reply.

“You’re awake!” said an unfamiliar voice. I whipped my head around to see a short, dirty blonde haired woman in Georgia Tech scrubs writing in her notepad.

“Who are you?”

“I’m your nurse, Lindsey!”

“Nu... Nurse?” I stuttered. " Where am I?"

“You’re at Grady Hospital.”

At that moment, the television flashed, “BREAKING NEWS: LOCAL GIRLS INJURED AT ONE DIRECTION CONCERT!”

It was then that all the memories all came flowing back. The speakers fell on all three of us, crushing our bodies. I could still here the screams that filled the stadium before I blacked out.

“Where are they!? Where are Edith and Keyaira!? Where are they Lindsey!”

At this moment, I was freaking out! I don’t know what I would do without my best friends! I wanted to see them and I wanted to see them now!

“Calm down! Keyaira is in room 36B and Edith is in 42C. You can see them if you want but I have to tell you, what happened tonight was not good. They are bruised up pretty bad.”

“Alright. Will you take me now?”

“Of course.”

It was that moment when I realized that I had a cast on my right leg and a cast on my left arm. The incident must have been really bad. She wheeled me down the hallway until we got to Ede’s room I was nervous to see how she was and eager to finally see her. I just wanted to get in there and give her a hug!

We slowly entered, not wanting to wake her if she was sleeping. There was a doctor in the room checking her fluids. He tilted his head back looking at us then signaled for us to come in. As he moved showing her body, tears filled my eyes. Both of her legs had casts on them, her wrist was wrapped, and she had a neck brace on. The doctor bent down to come level with me.

"Hi, Im Dr.Ahmed." He spoke offering me his hand to shake. "I'm glad to see you are up and moving about."

"What's happening with Ede?" I asked quickly, worried about my best friend laying lifelessly in her bed.

Dr.Ahmed sighed and began speaking,"Right now she is in a medically induced coma. We won't know for sure how long she will stay like this. I'm sorry to say this but the chances of her making it are slim."

At that moment, all I wanted to do was to cry my eyes out, but I stayed strong not wanting to show my emotions in front of them.

“Can I see Keyaira now?” I asked forcefully.

“Lindsey, can you take her? I have more patients to check on.” the doctor asked the Nurse standing behind me.

“I will doctor. Goodbye.”

“Goodbye.”

We went down multiple hallways and down elevators until we finally got to Keyaira’s room. I was ready to see her and make sure she is okay. We cracked the door open and I saw Keyaira’s face. She’s okay! I was so glad that she was okay! Lindsey wheeled me over to side of her bed so I could talk to her.

“Can I talk to her alone?”

“Of course.” Lindsey stated.

“Thank you.”

“Anytime.” She said as she left with a smile.

“Keyaira, are you okay?” i asked wanting to jump up there with her and never leave.

“Yeah. What about you?”

“I’m fine. I’m just glad that you’re okay!”

“How’s Ede?”

Tears filled my eyes as I thought of my best friend.

“She’s in a coma.”

“Really,Lillie?  Stop messing around.”

“I'm serious, but I wish it was a joke. Do you remember anything from the concert?

“Some of it. I remember us screaming when Harry was looking at us. Lillie, I don’t think I’ll be okay.”

“What do you mean?”

“I feel..I feel very sleepy.”

“You’ve been up for a while, you’re probably just tired.”

Her lips parted as if she was going ton say something.

“Key, what? What were you going to say?”

A little mumble came from her mouth.

“What?” I stated wanting to know what she was saying.

“I love both of you. Twerk something." she said faintly.

I giggled knowing that she was too tired to make sense of what she was saying.

“Key, get some sleep. I’ll see you later. Love ya boo!”

She didn’t respond. Keyaira was asleep. I wheeled myself past her bed until I stopped at the sound of the piercing noise of her heart monitor. I knew what that meant. I began shrieking and squalling. Lindsey walked in and gasped.

“Oh no.” she said.

“NO! NO! KEYAIRA!!! KEYAIRA!!!!”

Nurse after nurse came running into the room checking her IV and getting ready to give her CPR.

I kept screaming until a nurse finally came over to take me out.

“NO! Let me see her! Let go of me! She can’t be gone! She just can’t!” I said balling my eyes out.

This all felt like a dream I was never going to wake up from. This couldn’t be true. She was not dead. She couldn’t be. At that moment I felt very light headed. The last thing I remember before everything went black was a mop of brown curls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Hey Guys! So this chapter is kinda short, but the next one will be longer! Hope you like it!

Who do you think she saw before she passed out?

What will happen to Edith?

*Vote and Comment (:

- Danielle and Julia(: