Getting it done

I ate a bite of a sandwich as I watched Kakashi train. He was lightning fast and I just couldn't believe he was human. I sighed as his face went through my mind. Yet again I was distracted by him. He stopped and let out a breath before walking back over to me and sitting down. He leaned against the tree with me. He was sweating a little and looked too warm in his outfit.

He smiled before taking his book out and reading, "Smart idea to bring lunch. Should have thought of that." He said it with a chuckle.

I turned to him just as his stomach grumbled. I giggled and pulled out his half of the food. "I had actually packed you some." I said it with a smile. Then I jumped up and ran over to my post to practice throwing kunai. I heard him sigh in what I was guessing was relief.

I pulled out three kunai and flung them at the post. I had never been very good at this but because of everything I sucked even more. Which meant I completely missed the post. I groaned... Man oh man. I hated having to go find them. I shrugged and kept throwing my kunai until I was out. I hit the post 2/ 12 times. It was depressing to say the least. Well I won't get better unless I focus on my weaknesses. Just like with my running back then, I sighed.

I headed into the wooded area to find my kunai. I found most of them and put them in my pouch. Then I started on the last few. Eventually I found them after falling into a couple of bushes. Guess this was my punishment for sucking. I trailed out of the woods, and Kakashi stood there waiting for me.

He walked over pulling a few twigs from my hair, "Your stance is off."

I looked at him confused, my who is what? Oh!!! You would think after so much training with Jiraiya I would be a pro but mostly it wasn't the basics. I had gotten to the point where I was pretty good but I'm guessing everything that happened made my brain wreck.

I tilted my head but if I had my stance wrong the whole time that would explain a lot. Kakashi grabbed my arm once he realized I understood and dragged me over to where I would stand. I got into stance and Kakashi stared at me for what seemed like a lifetime.

"I think you need grip gloves also... But here." He said it reached around me and moved my arms. A blush danced on my face as I felt how close he was. I just nodded and paid attention the best I could.

"Now throw..."he demanded and I did what he asked. I hit the post but at the bottom. "Alright so you don't throw it down. Throw it like this." He swiped his hand to the side.

I went wide eyed... And felt really dumb. How have I been doing this wrong for so long! I nodded and copied the motion of his hand and I hit the target spot on. I smiled and jumped from my stance. "Hey!! I did it! That explains a lot.." I said it smiling up at him then sighed.

Kakashi smiled, "yes well the way you have been throwing them it's possible to hit people but it's 5 times harder and you have to do twice as much work..." He pinched my cheek before gesturing for me to continue.

I got into the stance and tried to rewrite my whole memory of learning how to throw kunai. While Kakashi guided me.

-- 5 hours later--

I rubbed my wrists and arms. My whole body ached since I hadn't trained in a long time. But in a way I loved it, but also didn't. I was laying on the ground watching as Kakashi finished up his practice. Once he stopped flying all over the place I jumped up grabbing my basket. I ran over to him once he had turned around toward me.

"All done?" I asked it looking up at the dark sky. It was around 8:30 at night and I was actually drained. Also pretty hungry!

He nodded, "you wanted ramen?" He asked once we started to walk. I nodded and he started to walk toward the ramen place. I was happy he had remembered.