Chapter Eight

Cool it King Kong

• Grayson's pøv •

20 days later. February 11th.

I snuggled up closer to the thing in my bed- wait what? I gave whatever I was holding onto a big shove which created a large thud when it hit the floor. I opened my eyes shocked and looked down to see Megan with anger filled eyes. "What the hell was that for?" She groaned. "Why were you in my bed..?" She rolled her eyes at my question. "I came in here to wake you up cause you lost your phone and you pulled me in."

"Why didn't you just leave or punch me or something??" I laughed. "I tried but you're stronger than I thought. Then you pushed me on the floor." I tilted my head and checked her out from head to toe, smirking. "Then why are you wearing my shirt?" I bit my lip because she was wearing very short pyjama shorts and my favourite Fall Out Boy shirt that covered them. "You.. Uh... Shut up Grayson." 

I stood up and advanced on her. I placed my one hand on her waist and the other on her face. "I'm going to kiss you later." I spun her around and pushed her out of my room. I went and brushed my teeth and took my shower. 

What a fine Saturday morning.

Me and Megan have been flirting quite a bit and we cuddle sometimes but we've only ever kissed once at my party. I put on my usual attire of grey sweats but I left my shirt off, showing off my rose tattoo. I went downstairs to Megan's room and walked in. "What are you-" I grabbed her face in my hands and I brought her lips to mine.

She pulled away breathless; "You sure you've never kissed anyone?" "Just you." I bit my lip once I noticed that she was still just wearing my t-shirt. "Jump." I mumbled. She jumped and wrapped her legs around my waist while I carried her closer to the wall, holding her up against it firmly. Our lips were locked and I had my one hand holding her up and the other beside her face on the wall. 

Megan let out the faintest moan and I moved away from her mouth to start kissing and sucking on her neck. Of course that's when Kit chose to walk in. "Hey Meg- What the f- WAIT. You two are- What is happening right now?" She rambled. We pulled away from each other like we were being burned and started blushing like crazy. 

"How long have you know she was your mate?" Kit asked while glaring at me. "Our birthday.." I trailed off. Kit rolled her eyes. "Whatever just don't do anything stupid. I'll break your face bub." She kicked me out of her friends room and shut the door. I was still trying to catch my breath and take in what the hell just happened. Why was I so attracted to her today?

We helped Kit shoot her newest YouTube video today, she was seeing who was more twin-like: Kit and Grayson or Kit and Megan. Near the end of filming when I realized I was losing I picked Megan up and threw her over my bare shoulder. I set her down outside of Kit's door, shut it and then locked it. She banged on it and yelled for a hot minute while I sat back down in front of the camera.

"So clearly I am more twin-like with Kit than the she-devil is." I smiled at the camera. Megan came in holding a bobby pin and smirked. Megan came and jumped on me while I was sitting with Kit on her bed. She was straddling me and punching my chest. "Cool it King Kong, you lost get over it!" I yelled at the violent girl. "I'm gonna murder you!!" She called while laughing.

"Oh my God, I gotta go!" Kit frantically told the camera. "Can we keep this in the video?" Drew chuckled. Right after he said that, Kit stopped recording and I followed through with my usual procedure of flipping us over. "Not this time." Megan dared, keeping her wrists out of my grasp.

So instead I just put my hands behind my head and relaxed. "That's alright take your time little girl. I like you on top." She froze in her spot with tomato red cheeks. She placed her finger on my lips to shush me but pulled her hand back immediately. "Did you feel that?" Megan stared at her finger and I was just utterly confused. "Feel what?"

"The 'sparks'." She air quoted to me. "Oh, that. Sometimes I do. The question is why are you feeling them? You're not 18 yet." She shrugged and continued to stare at her finger while she was on top of me.

Our day was pretty uneventful. We did homework, Drew and I had our Alpha and Beta training and we all played Minecraft and Diablo. 

The next morning I was woken up by Kit rather than Megan and I was disgruntled. I had been tossing and turning all night and I couldn't keep my body temperature down. I'm probably getting a cold. As I pulled a glass down from the cupboard and got some water Megan walked in looking just as tired and grumpy as I did.

"Didn't sleep well?" I asked. She shook her head. "I think I'm getting the flu. I couldn't stay asleep and I was really hot." I said before chugging the cold beverage. She sighed. "I wasn't able to stay sleeping all night. And I was sweating in my sleep. So were you. This should be fun." She rolled her eyes before getting her own glass of water and leaving. 

I didn't understand for the longest moment why she was using so much sarcasm but then it hit me. When you find your mate and you're not rejected or accepted - mark or no mark doesn't matter - the Moon Goddess puts more of a pressure on you to want to accept. The pair goes into a heat of sorts to attract other wolves which will in return make them jealous and feel the need to make your decision. 

So ladies and gents if you didn't get that...

We're a couple of wolves in heat.