FIRST CHAPTER [Tough Love]

Chapter One

"I, Matthew Michaels, pass down my title to my firstborn son. Grayson will be the new Alpha of our pack." My father announced, placing a crown upon my head. My mother stepped forward; "I am happy to declare that Megan Black will be filling my position as Luna," she placed a crown on Megan's head as my father did to me.

I put Megan's hand in my own. "Together the pair will ensure that our pack will be safe from harm. This is the new generation of the Starlight Pack." My father stated. I took a deep breath and whispered to Megan. "Guess I should call you my Queen now instead of a princess, huh?" She stifled a laugh and we finished the ceremony. When it was all over punched my arm. "Don't play games with me."

xxxxx

Grayson's pov

2 years ago (January 1st 2016)

We last left off with Megan finally agreeing to being mine. And that she was. She accepted me and I try my hardest to treat her like a damn Queen. My mom says we're going through a honeymoon phase because we act all lovey and she's desperately waiting for us to go back to our normal bickering friendship. We're finally both 18 and we have a lot ahead of us.

I awoke with the sweet smell of vanilla filling my senses. Megan's perfume. I pulled her closer to me and buried my face in her neck. My chin was touching the mark on her neck and I shivered as a light fire shot from her skin to my own, heating us both up with feelings we couldn't control.

Deep breaths calmed the sensation. The two of us have made it without tearing each other apart so far and I'd say that's a pretty big accomplishment. We've had ups and downs, sure, but I think that we're doing okay. And we're exactly two years away from our coronations. Kit and Drew become the official Beta and Beta female, and Megan and I will be made Alpha and Luna.

Megan stirred in her sleep so I pulled away from her, allowing her to move. She turned to face me and cuddled herself into my bare chest. "Good morning." I whispered into her hair while kissing the top of her head. "Shut up it's not morning yet." I laughed at her statement. To clarify: the sun was out, and the clock read 11:09AM. "If you don't wake up you'll miss your 11:11 wish." She sat up and stretched, "Alright you got me." I laughed at her and she leaned back into my arms.

xxxxx

Those days were simpler. We didn't have to worry about the pack as much as we do now and we didn't care what the future brought. Now we're obsessed with our future. But for the sake of our story which is still quite shaky and unstable I'll bring you back to the beginning, after our honeymoon phase and one year before we claimed the throne.

This is our story and let me tell you, this isn't the only version I'm sure.

- Grayson Michaels

** Author's Note **

The Second book in the Hard at Heart series is finally coming out! Go to my page and check it out, or click the external link. Trailer made by KathrynDelacroix

So for those of you who have been PMing me and commenting about seeing more of Megan and Grayson then I would just like to officially announce that everyone's favourite couple is back.