Chapter Eight: A Problematique Situation

Chapter 8: A Problematique Situation

"Well I guess this is quite a mess that we got caught in
It's best if we just confess that we have fallen
And love is problematique when you feel like a fanatic of a person that you barely know
The trigger's been pulled there's no use in running
So let's bite the bullet and take what we've got coming
Forget the contemplation situation's complicated and I'm thinking we should let it roll."

-Problematique, Hot Chelle Rae

Okay I was wrong as usual; Nikki and Drew are completely moronic. This 'ingenious idea' they had come up with was complete and utter bull crap. I loathe the day that I was talked into doing this.

Have you ever been tackled by a 200 pound linebacker? No? Don't try it, trust me it is painful. Not only did I get knocked over by King Kong's son during practice, but I got the scolding of my life from coach because of it. Supposedly I wasn't fast enough. To be quite frank I think he should have been yelling at my guard who was too busy checking out the cheerleaders running the track that he forgot to cover me while I was running towards the opposing goal line. Whoever decided that the two camps should coincide with each other has to have been the biggest idiot in the world.

Not only did I have the coaches on my imaginary balls 24/7, but that damn sex god, Blaine, wouldn't stop hounding me about Reagan. If I knew he was this desperate I wouldn't have agreed to try and set him up with her. He was like a darned lost puppy following me around always asking about her. Reagan this, Reagan that, Did you talk to her yet? Why haven't you talked to her? God Skye! You are a terrible friend. Yeah? Well kiss my ass Blaine Morgan!

Although he could be extremely annoying when it came to this part of our friendship, on other days he was seriously a great guy. I remember the day after practice when we were lounging on the porch as the sky began to turn brilliant shades of orange, pink and yellow as night fall was upon us. We were playing 20 questions to get to know each other better.

"Favorite color," Blaine said as he put his hands behind his sweaty head. Yeah, we haven't exactly cleaned up yet.

"That is so generic," I groaned, but answered anyways. "Purple."

"Purple is such a girl color!" he scrunched his nose in disgust.

I scoffed, "Actually it is the color of royalty."

"Pfft, whatever, your turn."

"Why do you play football?"

Without hesitation he said, "To get the girls duh."

I smacked his muscled arm as he laughed, "Seriously is that the only reason?"

"No," he sobered up after chuckling a bit more. "I play because of my dad."

"Can you elaborate or does that count against my 20 question?" I asked curiously.

He sighed. "Well, my dad used to play football for the cowboys."

"Really?" my eyes widened in amazement. I hadn't known that his father was famous.

"Yeah," he cleared his throat. "He was benched practically the entire time he played so you have probably never heard of him. His name is Chad Morgan; he was like third string quarterback or something."

"Wow."

"Yeah," he said. "He got to play one game due to some miracle. But that was his last game."

"Why?" I asked leaning into him as I became enthralled by his past.

"Me," he stated simply. "My mom gave birth to me on the same day as his big day. He came to the hospital afterwards to see me and my mom. But when he got there, he only found me. Apparently as soon as she was able to discharge herself from the hospital my mother left. So that day he quit in order to take care of me because my mother decided to leave him. You know sometimes I feel like it's my fault that my dad's career was washed down the toilet."