Reactions

For my very special friends who wanted a quick update ssk2012, brainiee666, NajiyaAhmedPasha, juhikishore200, PinkLoop, Rachel007, dearest veni7842, rimabegum989, ms_flames, snugly, paarri, xoxogg7
And my darling sj!!

Enjoy!!

*****

"N..no. P..ple.. please!"

"Look at me, Mayra."

"D..don't h..hurt me. Pl..Please."

"I said, look at me Mayra. Now."

Mayra clasped her hands on her head, crying miserably she slid down the wall onto the floor. She bundled up, hugging her knees to her chest and her palms held out in front of her.

A gesture of surrender, an appeal to not be punished.

Every fiber of Aamir's body screamed at him to go to her and comfort her in any way he could. He needed to do it. He needed to pull her into his arms and crush her to his chest and tell her over and over that he'd never hurt her, until she believed it. His need to do it was so great in that moment, it was like the air that he needed to breathe.

Mayra whimpered. This is who she was. A hopeless woman at the mercy of a man. Helpless to defend herself, cowardly enough to not punish him.

He was going to strike her. He was going to vent out all of his anger, channel all his frustration on her body. History was about to repeat itself. Jaffar would meddle with her life and Aamir would punish her for it.

Slowly he walked towards her, his shoes alerting her. She cried even more, desperation growing by the second. "I didn't... I don't kn..know. Please.. please don't! I di..didn't do anything. Please! Please!"

"Mayra.."

"Don't.. don't hurt.. hurt me!"

He crouched down in front of her, "Mayra, listen to.."

"Don't hurt me!" She yelled, panic-struck.

"MAYRA!"

Aamir screamed her name to break her reverie and clutched her elbows and shook her into awareness. They stared at each other for a minute, face to face, unable to speak, unable to think. Shock kept them motionless as both tried to search the other's eyes for answers, for reason.

Aamir sighed and cupped Mayra's face, his thumbs lovingly wiped away her tears. She stared up at him. This was supposed to be the part where he should be yanking her up by her hair and throwing her across the room. Or kicking her. Or slapping. Or cursing.

Anything.

Why wasn't he doing anything!

"Mayra, I need to hold you very very badly right now because I'm losing my mind. I'm so angry that I can't think straight. But before I lose my mind, I need to ask you some very important questions and you need to answer. I need to sort this mess out and I can't without your help.

"I will believe whatever you tell me Mayra. So please, listen to me. So far, I've never pressured you for anything, any answers or any conversations, but now you must tell me everything. There's more at stake here than just Faiza's life. Jaffar has much more than you understand."

"Wh.. What do you me.. mean?"

"Whatever Faiza said, was it all true?"

"Y..yes." Mayra answered.

"Every word?" Aamir asked.

"Yes."

"Is there anything, absolutely anything she left out, or that you know?"