War

Several days later, I was informed that a larger country had considered our resigning from the fight against Asgard as treason. We were their next target.

My people did not know of my powers or how strong they were. I knew that if we were to win, I must go to battle too.

The next several months were full of rigorous training and combat as I trained with the other soldiers. Soon, I was highly skilled. I had not revealed my powers to anyone. I would only use them as necessary. After a short while, we were invaded. I was informed and I hastily ran to get suited in my armor.

It was nothing at all like I expected. The ground already was bloodstained by the time I arrived and it reeked of death. I launched into battle, using my emotions of rage and anger to keep adrenaline flowing.

Days past full of fighting. I barely had time to eat or sleep. And while I did, the other army pillaged and destroyed the villages. We were weakening. I had used my powers but I hadn't counted on the physical toll it took on my body. My men were, needless to say, surprised. But they were grateful for my abilities. We would have been defeated long ago without them.

My general had tried several times to keep me from fighting, but I knew I had to do this. Without this, my life would be meaningless. I needed to know that I could do something. Loki had hurt me beyond the point of healing. Or so I thought. I covered the wounds he inflected with my flawless façade. I knew Ashanti was lying and yet it hadn't hurt me. I had given up on our friendship years ago.

Today, I felt more rested then I had in a long while. I suited up. My armor was fully functional, revealing no bare skin as some warrior women tended to like. I braided my long brown hair into a messy braid and flung it over my shoulder. I smeared war paint across my eyes. I was ready.

I fought long and hard, wiping out many of their men. They seemed to be getting desperate. Then they released their secret weapon. As soon as I saw him, an idea popped into my head.

"Silence!" I screamed, my voice echoing long after I spoke. A hushed silence fell over the armies.

"I propose a treaty! If I beat your strongest warrior, we win and you must leave, never to return. If I am beaten, you may have my kingdom." A collective 'yes' rippled through the crowd.

"Agreed!" A deep voice boomed. I looked several feet up into the face of a giant monster of a man. Huge and ugly, his face dirty and distorted. His hands alone were the size of my head.

I allowed the fire to gather at my hands, dropping my sword. The giant beast swung at me with his fist, I dodged it and burned his arm. He let out a shriek and my army cheered. He swung again, this time hitting my stomach, I flew back several feet before sliding to a stop on my back. My ribs felt torn apart and my back was ripped with the gavel I had skidded against. Several small cuts and bruises from earlier, began to throb and bleed afresh. I slowly stood up, my vision blurring a bit. I had an idea. It was stupid and probably would kill me but it was worth a shot. I walked forward until I was standing in front of the monster.

"I surrender! All I ask is that I can be face to face when you kill me!" I shouted. The monster smiled and stooped to pick me up in one of his large hands. I was staring into the monstrous, huge face. I grinned and my hand, full of fire, shot out and buried itself in his eye. I focused, allowing the fire to grow until it consumed his whole face.

He began to shriek in agony. He dropped me and began to try and quench the fire with his hands. He yelled. He stumbled forward and then stopped, quieting. Then, he began to fall, landing in huge heap on the ground.

I pulled myself from the ground and looked around. Both armies were staring at me with awe. Then, panic broke out. The other army began to randomly attack my men. Soon, we were all fighting again, but this time we were losing. My powers were severely weakened and my men were tired and wounded.

Just as it seemed it was hopeless, the sound of horses grew to a thundering roar. Before I knew what was happening, the army of Asgard was fighting on our side. Somehow, Loki ended up beside me. He swung his sword with skill, disappearing and reappearing.

"I thought I told you to never come back!" I shouted over the din of sword against sword. Loki grinned.

"You did. I just didn't listen." He said as he blocked a blow.

With Asgard with us, we gained a large advantage. We began to win. Soon, the other side was dwindling, allowing me to speak to Loki a bit more freely.

"How is your wife?" I asked.

"She's not. I mean, I don't have one." He said.

"Liar!" I spat as I stabbed someone.

"It was our plan. If I were to be captured, she would come and claim to be my wife who was with child. She was paid handsomely for her part, but I did not marry her nor anyone else."

For once I allowed my emotionless mask fall. My sword hung limply in my hand which was at my side. Loki lunged forward and his sword clashed with one directly over my head. He looked down at me as he held his sword there.

"Pay attention darling. I just saved your life. You owe me a favor." He said as he swiftly killed my attacker.