What is a World Changer?

A World Changer is someone who is committed to do just that, change the world. A World Changer is not someone who blends in. A World Changer sticks out. A World Changer stands up ready to make a difference. A World Changer goes beyond the usual expectations of Christianity. A World Changer finds the most intense demands that Jesus places on Christians and doesn't shy away from them but goes after them with all of his heart. A World Changer does whatever it takes to get the job done. A world changer pursues God passionately. He or she is not just doing it because their parents make them or because the youth pastor bribes them. A World Changer has been radically, completely, and totally changed by their relationship with God.

         Christianity is not some boring thing that World Changers halfheartedly commit to just because they've been in church their whole lives. They are not hanging onto their parents' Christianity. They have found Jesus for themselves. They have found that Jesus died for them -- not just for Mom and Dad and not just for the pastor. And because Jesus died for them, they are ready to give up their lives for Him. Christianityis not just lip service for World Changers. World Changers have an enthusiasm to seek God with all their hearts, and they are going to do everything they can to let the world know that God is real and that He is alive.

            World Changer are not stuck in a bunch of boring rules and regulation, but they have the fire of the living God burning inside them. And they just can't keep it to themselves. World Changers are serious about learning the Word of God and then taking that Word and applying it to their lives. World Changers are constantly changing and becoming more and more like Jesus. World Changers develop a vision for the world and do everything they can to take the living Christ to a lost and dying world.

          World Changers are sick and tired of a watered-down Christianity. They want the real thing and don't care how hard it hits them or what parts of their lives they have to change. They are sick and tired of the attitude that lukewarm Christians bring into the church, and they are ready to do something about it. They are especially ready to attack attitudes in their own lives.

         " The most important [commandment]," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one, love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."- Mark 12:29-30. 

          A World Changer loves the Lord with all of his heart, soul, mind and strength and loves his neighbor as himself. Ask yourself, Do I have what it takes to become a world changer? I know you do because anybody who is willing has the potential to change the world.

 *****

What Is The Fire?

             What does it mean to be on fire? What do people mean when they tell you that you need to be on fire as a Christian?

          We are told to do so many things as Christians that we don't know where to begin. We've heard so many sermons on things to do, we don't know what to do first. Then we feel really guilty or ineffective as Christians because we can't possibly keep up with the whole list of things we've been told we're supposed to do. What is the big picture? What are we supposed to do? What are we really supposed to be? What does a blazing, on-fire radical really look like? What would you call that kind of Christian? I call him/her a World Changer. A World changer is not just somebody who screams JESUS really loud at concerts or goes to all of the Christian activities, retreats, conferences, and camps or wears Christian T-shirts. A World Changer LIVES differently! He or She has something beating in his/her heart.

           World Changers are marked and defined by ten specific challenges that they have committed to live out. These challenges are not something to get hyped up about during one week at a camp. They are not something to get emotional about and try to live for a month or two. These challenges are very specific things. And I'm convinced that if you live them - really commit to go for them- God will use you to rock your world while you're young.

            I don't want to give you a list a thousand miles long of a million things you need to do in order to be a radical Christian. Just do these ten. (By the way, the ten commitment or challenges is on the first page) As you read the list, make a commitment to be the kind of Christian who makes a difference in this world.

*****

A Higher Standard

            A World Changer is committed to a HIGHER STANDARD. Too much of teenage Christianity is plagued by people who are constantly living in compromise with low standards. They see their friends make commitments but do the opposite of what they promised. They see people go back and forth, up and down, up and down, up and down, in their walk with God. But a World Changer sees that when Jesus gave a command, He absolutely meant it, and a World Changer is determined to live up to that standard. 

     World Changers go against the gain of compromise and lukewarm Christianity. World Changers want HIGHER STANDARD of purity and holiness in their lives. They want clean hearts and clean minds so that God can speak to them and through them so they can be used by the living God to change this world. World Changers see things that other people get away with, but they don't want to get away with that stuff. they know they could compromise and just melt down and lukewarm Christians, but they know there are something more to the Christian life than just going through the motions and going to church.Too many young people are trying to get away with things with their parents all the time. They do the same thing in their Christianity, seeing what they can get away with  before God and still make it to heaven. However, you will not get away with it, so why try?