.:1:.

Hi! I've written quite a lot of fanfiction before, but this is my first ever Kellic story. I want to warn you one last time that it will contain a lot of triggering things and I don't want anyone getting offended or upset, because they read it. Also I have nothing against characters which are portrayed as the 'bad guys' and I assure you that they aren't this way in real life, their personalities are mostly fictional.

Enjoy.

_____________

Hate.

It was an unbelievably strong emotion and it was the only thing I felt.

I hated Katelynne.

I hated the law.

I hated police.

I hated everything.

I hated that, even though I had been a good person for my entire life, something like this had to happen to me. It was all my wife's fault; Katelynne was behind this. She was terrified that, when I found out about the fact that she had cheated on me, I would want a divorce and, of course, she was right. However, what alarmed her most was the fact that, with the state she was in, I would no doubt win custody over our gorgeous, little daughter, Copeland.

Katelynne would come home, every night, dangerously intoxicated, or worse. She was a reckless person and did not contemplate her actions. With her barely working kind, she assumed that I would not notice her growing addictions or her secrecy or even those god damn hickeys all over her fucking body! It was infuriating.

One night, when she came home very late and assumed I would be sleeping, I confronted her about everything, mainly because, for once, she was sober. I calmly tried to explain that Copeland would not be safe with her, but Katelynne would not have it. She was out of the house in mere seconds and, at the time, I thought it was for the best.

A few days later, just after I had put my wonderful daughter to sleep, a loud knock came on the front door of our house. It was just past 7 pm, so I imagined that it had been one of my few friends, considering the fact that not many people liked leaving their houses in the evening. However, as soon as I opened up the door, I was being shoved against a wall and my wrists were being choked by tight handcuffs. I screamed for them to stop and started panicking, but it was no use. These police officers were taking me and I was afraid of what would come next.

Before they dragged me out, I did manage to inform them about Cope. They could take me, but I would not allow them to leave my 2-year-old child alone. Especially after her father just got arrested for something he himself had no idea about.

But then came the questioning and the pictures and the 'statements' and the court case, and then it was over. Katelynne had managed to gather enough people to tell lies about me, that I had no chance. Also, she somehow faked bruises over certain areas of her body, but that was not the worst part. What hurt most was that, after such a long and loving relationship, she was willing to ruin my life by accusing me of raping her.

It was insane. She was insane!

But what could I do? I only had a few close friends, whereas Katelynne was a very social person and basically had a whole army, compared to me. It was my word against 15 people's word. Some of them I had considered as colleagues before, which was also a painful part of it. They were now on her side and there was not much I could do about it.

Katelynne was given full custody of Copeland and I was beyond worried. That child would die in a house with those two irresponsible imbeciles, within a week! Even when she was sober, Katelynne still could not take care of my daughter properly. That's why she was not our daughter anymore. She was my daughter.