.:5:.

I felt no more punches or kicks being thrown my way and I didn't hear a single sound, except for my laboured breathing and my rapid heartbeat.

That voice: it was so familiar, yet so foreign at the same time. I had only heard that voice twice; firstly when he was shouting at someone who had walked into him, and then, the second time, explaining to an officer why he had yelled in the first place. He only talked for a few minutes, but it was enough to have that voice engraved into the depths of my mind. I instantly knew that it was the voice of someone who didn't want to be heard. Someone who didn't enjoy speaking in the slightest, because it caused him pain – but whether it was physical or emotional, I did not know. But one thing I was sure of was that it was the voice of the most dangerous man in Irongate Prison.

When the abuse stopped for a few seconds, I instantly regained some composure. Not much of it, as I was still in intense agony, but just enough to be able to open one of my eyes. And, sure enough, standing there, daring Danny to as much as look at me, was Vic Fuentes. The most intense and deadly glare was etched into his features and, if I wasn't already on the floor, unable to move, I would want to cower away.

"What?" Danny asked in disbelief, shattering the silence. I would pay to see his face at that moment. I was sure that it was a look of pure horror and disturbance. Imagine that – Danny Worsnop, one of the biggest and scariest men here, afraid of someone about a foot shorter than him and half his weight. How funny...

"Get out of here," Vic spat and I felt that if I stood too close, the words would burn into my skin, "and if I see you even look at him again, then I will take care of you myself."

Danny slowly backed away, never breaking eye contact with Vic, until he was out of the semi-circle of people. That was when he bolted for the building, like the coward that he is.

No one else moved, but their gazes flicked from me to Vic, then back me, and to Vic again, constantly.

"What are you looking at?" Vic snapped, spinning on his heel to face everyone. "Go!"

And with that, they all rushed away. This only left Vic, Frank, Gerard and I. Desperately I wanted to join the others and leave but, as soon as I tried lifting my body, my battered arms have out and I whimpered as I fell to the ground once again. It was hilarious when Danny was facing him, all submissive and shaking, but when I was practically alone with Vic, it wasn't as humorous anymore. No, it was terrifying.

Somehow, I managed to push myself up into a sitting position (with much difficulty and discomfort) and lean against the wall which I had been shoved against just minutes before. My head was spinning uncontrollably and I felt like passing out right then and there. I saw a pair of shoes make their way over to me and suddenly a face was right in front of mine. Vic was crouching before my pathetic form, analysing me. He tried to make eye contact, but my eyes had a mind of their own and were closing by themselves.

"Are you okay?" I heard that same pained voice question, as he lightly held my chin up between two of his fingers, but this time I noticed a hint of sympathy and maybe...caring?

"Does it look like I'm okay?" I slurred, my words knitting together through my aching jaw. I didn't know what was wrong with me. How could I act like this in front of someone like Vic? Maybe I had brain damage, or at least a concussion. What if some sort of brain tumour had formed in my head? That would explain a lot; especially why there were two Vic's instead of one. Actually, I take that back – there were four now.

I could not help but notice the amusement in his eyes, after I had uttered my comment.

"Come on, let's take you to the infirmary." A muscular arm snaked around my waist and pulled me up quickly, making give out a small yelp. Vic muttered an apology, before steadying the both of us.