Chapter Twenty-Six

A/N: ANOTHER TRIGGERING CHAPTER. Read at your own risk people. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

Jade slammed Beck against the wall behind the school. Everybody had gone home and she had told her girlfriend that she'd meet her at the house. Perfect chance to slap some sense into the boy causing all the problems.

"What is going on with you?" she hissed into Beck's face. His deep, brown eyes that normally sparkled were dimmed. Jade was suddenly worried. In all the years she had known him, she had never seen him look so defeated.

Beck scowled and grabbed at Jade's hands. "Get off of me."

To his surprise, Jade released him and he sagged against the dirty wall, too exhausted and drained to care anymore. Jade swallowed and grit her teeth, starting to pace in circles around him.

"Please stop chasing your tail," he groaned. "You're giving me a headache."

"Beck. I know something's wrong with you," she said, eyes softening. Beck ran a hand through his hair and clenched his fists.

"You don't know anything."

"Are you forgetting that we dated for four years? Or did I imagine the whole thing?" Jade asked, sarcasm dripping from her voice.

Beck rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "Can you get to the point already? Why are you here?"

"I'm here because I'm worried about you, dickhead."

Beck laughed loudly. "Worried about me? That's hilarious. You punched me in the face not that long ago. Thanks for that by the way. I'm going to be sporting a black eye tomorrow morning."

"I'm not apologizing for that. You called my girlfriend a bitch," Jade spat.

Beck groaned loudly and threw his hands up in the air. "Jesus Christ, can't you two stop talking about each other for five seconds?"

Jade frowned. "Why are you so against us?"

"Are you serious?" he scoffed. "Are you really asking me that? You dumped me for my best friend. You dumped me for Tori. I was in love with you, Jade!"

An angry glint was flashing from his eyes now and Jade regarded him warily. He was clearly unstable and she had to be careful. Although, she wasn't against socking him one again.

"Nothing lasts forever, Beck. Would you just get over yourself already? Move on! Stop acting like the jealous boyfriend!"

Beck rounded on her violently, hands shaking with anger. "It didn't take you long to move on, did it, Jade? You loved Tori even before you broke up with me."

"Whoa, who said anything about love?" Jade spluttered.

"I know you Jade," Beck mimicked. "I know what you look like when you're in love and this is it."

Jade shook her head. "Even if I do love her, that doesn't change anything. You are not allowed to behave like this and you're definitely not allowed to threaten Tori. You call her a bitch one more time and I'll give you more than a bruised eye."

Beck eyed Jade and leant back against the wall. "Whatever, Jade. I'm over this anyway."

"Stop being so melodramatic."

"You are walking a fine line, Jade," he warned.

Jade looked at him in disbelief. "Fine. I'm done. I'm here trying to help you and you're just pushing me away. I can't do anything if you won't talk to me, Beck!"