Chapter Forty-One: Pumpkin Carriage

My steps were heavy as I walked in front of the two males who were wheeling their suitcase through the busy airport.

After a whole summer of being here, the time to return back to England has come.

Stopping just before check-in, I turned to them and smiled, "Have a safe trip."

Somehow, this looks like the exact same scene of how I came to Hollywood. Only difference is that they were the ones that were leaving and I'll be here staying behind.

It was like a picture engraved in my memory – I was shaking in fear, but these two were there to send me away from home.

It had truly been an adventure and to think that in only a span of a few months, we were able to break and fix relationships.

"Adam," I said, reaching into my bag to produce a white envelope along with some keys, "Here you go."

"What's this?" he questioned, looking down on it.

"The keys to our new flat," I smiled, "The initial fee had been paid, those are the address and directions to it, and I've also taken care of the advance payment for the movers to carry your stuff there when you get back."

Back then, we agreed that he could just do student housing for his first year in university, but he should have known that I wouldn't just allow him to pay an overpriced dorm where he doesn't even get his money's worth and would probably just be bothered with the other rowdy students.

He's too good for that.

"It's just a five minute walk from your school, and that apartment complex has a very good reputation so you don't have to worry about anything."

"And you?" he questioned looking back at me.

"I'll be right behind you," I assured, "Just don't do any horrible interior designing while I'm gone."

He forced a laugh, before the smile died on his lips and his face turned completely serious, "Take care of yourself, Soph."

"I will," I told him, before taking a look at his frowning features, "Please don't pull a face like that, we'll still see each other."

Pulling me into a hug, I was shocked at the sudden gesture, but I smiled, burying my face into his chest, "I love you, Adam."

"I love you too," he said, "We're best friend, right?"

"Right," I let out a soft reply, "Don't destroy our flat whole I'm gone."

He nodded as he finally released me. My eyes widened as I saw that his eyes started to water and I knew he was battling out his tears. Something about Adam is he hated being the one to cry, that's why he always call me a crybaby.

But I knew from my father that he cried when I went to England. When we talk to each other on the phone, I could hear it from his voice that he was feeling down. I also know that he didn't want me to move to Hollywood and leave him years ago.

Instead of saying anything, he just bottled it up and put on a straight face, because he was aware that if he cried, I would cry even harder.

Being separated from your best friend is one of the toughest things to handle.

And when he goes to university, even if we're living together, I would still be gone for a really long time. I'm just imagining what would happen to him as he's left alone in that big apartment. Sure, he'll meet new people, but he wasn't really the type to let new people get close easily.

"Hey," I called out, grabbing his face, "We survived four years of living across the Atlantic Ocean, it's only for a few months, you don't need to cry."