Chapter Nine: Maybe

Not proofread.

“You look gorgeous, darling,” The makeup artist grinned at his handy work which was my face.

Today was the first day of filming and everybody was hustling and bustling outside the makeup trailer, fixing up the set before all of the actors got ready.

“Thank you,” I tried to sound as calm as I can.

I’m pretty sure I’m going to experience some nerves all throughout the whole day, and it’s all for the wrong reasons. This was the first time I’ll be working with Claudia, adding up to that fact that after years of avoiding each other’s works, Axel and I are finally going to work together, and finally, Adam will be actually watching me before everything gets edited out.

After this, my dad invited me to go to dinner with him and his fiancé. I’m not in the particular mood to go with them but Adam insisted that I should at least talk to him.

Speaking of my best friend…

The door of the trailer swung open to reveal his enthusiastic face, “Have you seen the space ship two studios down from here? I heard they were making a movie about some aliens,” He grinned like a boy stuck in a toy store.

The makeup artist and I shared some looks before I hopped down from my seat, “You did a wonderful job, thank you,” I said before I dragged my best friend out before he could say anything more.

“Adam, this is a completely professional zone,” I scolded.

He rolled his eyes as he walked beside, “This is the first time I’m in a movie set so give me a break.”

When in movie sets, always watch out for random men carrying out props that may hurt you in any way possible. Adam didn’t know this, so  that’s why he turned into a heap on the ground when he suddenly hit his stomach on one of the metal beams.

“Idiot,” Axel barked in laughter, walking up to us after he witnessed the scene. Another thing, even if you’re cringing in pain, an insincere sorry is what you’ll ever get from the props men.

“Be nice,” I glared at the world’s dear Hollywood’s Prince as I watched Adam scramble back to his feet.

Axel flicked his hair that was styled to cover one of his eyes as he rolled his eyes at my command, “It’s like you don’t know me, Valentine.”

“Ready on set!” We all heard George yell from his megaphone. People scrambled to their places, including Axel and I. Adam stood next to the director with an encouraging smile on his face, giving me thumbs up as I breathed in and out.

“Don’t mess this up, Valentine,” Axel whispered to me, dusting his clothes as if it was covered in dirt.

“I’m not you, Brooks,” I snorted, flipping my hair over my shoulder, raising my chin, and facing away from him.

People really don’t understand our hatred for each other because they’re all watching us like we’re the actual love story.

Seriously, is it too hard to see that I despise him?

“Places!” George demanded, giving the director an approving nod to start filming.

When we all heard the cue word, “Action,” I cleared my throat before I started acting like a shy school girl. I’m actually amused with the script because it demanded me to act like what I was before I became famous.

The meek and shy Sophia Valentine.

I walked to Axel, purposely bumping into him before I pretended to flinch. I felt Axel hold my shoulders and I that was my cue to look up. Slowly but surely, I raised my eyes to meet his, plastering a meek look on my face.