Bonus Chapter: Welcome To Hollywood

Lugging my suitcase with me, I looked around the airport, marvelling at the spacious building that was packed with people going in and out of the different terminals.

"This is it, pumpkin," my dad grinned, swinging an arm around my shoulder, "One way stop to your new life."

I gulped nervously, gripping the papers I had in my hand as I stared in front of me, my knees shaking because of the anxiousness I was feeling, "I don't think I can do this."

Adjusting my glasses on the bridge of my nose, I reached up as I nervously fidgeted with the ends of my hair that were breaking free from the braid I placed it in. When that woman named Taylor contacted me, I never knew this will result in me flying to the United States.

It took a very long pep talk from both my dad and mum in order for me to actually agree with this. Just the thought of standing in front of other students during an assembly was enough to make me vomit, I'm just imagining what will happen to me if I actually push through with this.

"Your mother called and she said that she will be at the airport to fetch you," he assured, giving me a comforting side hug, "Call me when you arrive there."

"Daddy, I don't want to leave England," I protested, turning to him, "This is my home."

"And it will always will be," he smiled, leaning down to kiss my forehead, "We'll always stay in touch, and you'll be home for the holidays."

"I guess so..." I trailed off, looking back to the checkpoint where everybody has to go through that metal detector.

We shared one more hug, before I took a deep breath and turned to walk up to the long line of traveling people, hauling their luggage and groaning at how long the wait was, checking their watches every now and then.

But before I even got to take a step, somebody was yelling out my name, "Sophia!"

Recognizing that voice instantly, my whole body relaxed and as I glanced around the place for the source, so much relief entered my system when I saw Adam sprinting up towards me.

We said our goodbyes this morning, just before he had to go to school. Though from the looks of it, he escaped that place and was able to come here to see me off.

In the blink of an eye, he had his arms wrapped around my waist and he lifted me off of the ground, crushing the life out of me. But right now, I didn't care if I can barely breathe, I want to savour this moment, knowing it's going to be a long time before I see my best friend once again.

"Adam!" I squealed, locking arms around him, returning the gesture with equal enthusiasm. To think, I'm going to go through months without seeing him, it's going to be a torture for the both of us.

"Thought I won't see you off?" he chuckled, placing me back down on the ground, "Impossible."

"I'm so glad you're here," I sighed contentedly.

My father smiled from a distance, smiling amusedly at the scene in front of him. He knew about my crush with Adam, though he claims that it was easily read through my actions, but I thought about it otherwise.

He tucked a piece of hair to the back of my ear, "Promise we'll chat every day?"

"Every day," I promised, resting my head on his shoulder, "I'll miss you so much."

He planted a small kiss on the top of my head, making my heart race a thousand miles per second. Great, now I really don't want to leave.

We did this corny handshake we thought of back when we were children. As cheesy as it was, it kind of stuck to us. We shared one more hug, before I finally felt enough courage to continue.